If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Queens University of Charlotte
Charlotte, North Carolina

Queens Hoops Official Site

Private Institution
Founded in 1857
Religious Affiliation: Presbyterian
Enrollment: 2400
Nickname: Royals

Curry Arena
Opened in 2011 - Seats 2500

Grant Leonard
1st Season as QUC Head Coach

2022-2023 Schedule/Results

Nov 07 - Marshall ............................................ W 83-82
Nov 10 - Clinton College ................................. W 99-65
Nov 15 - @ La Salle ......................................... L 60-72
Nov 18 - vs. Green Bay in Jamaica .................. W 81-65
Nov 20 - vs. Morgan State in Jamaica .............. W 74-64
Nov 23 - Univ of Lynchburg ............................. W 107-72
Nov 26 - @ George Mason ................................ L 65-72
Nov 29 - @ Bowling Green .............................. W 72-66
Dec 03 - Paine College .................................... W 89-60
Dec 09 - @ High Point ..................................... W 87-79
Dec 14 - @ East Tennessee State ..................... W 78-75
Dec 20 - @ Nebraska ....................................... L 65-75
Dec 22 - @ Fairleigh Dickinson ........................ W 82-73
Dec 29 - Austin Peay ........................................ W 81-77
Dec 31 - @ Eastern Kentucky ........................... L 83-88
Jan 05 - @ Bellarmine ..................................... W 75-74
Jan 07 - Kennesaw State .................................. L 67-76
Jan 12 - Central Arkansas ................................ L 91-92
Jan 14 - North Alabama ................................... W 107-78
Jan 19 - @ North Florida .................................. L 90-95
Jan 21 - @ Jacksonville .................................... L 70-77
Jan 26 - FGCU .................................................. W 84-82
Jan 28 - Stetson .............................................. W 71-65
Feb 02 - @ Lipscomb ....................................... L 60-66
Feb 04 - @ Austin Peay .................................... W 70-69
Feb 09 - Eastern Kentucky ............................... L 80-84
Feb 11 - Bellarmine ......................................... L 84-88
Feb 16 - @ Jacksonville State .......................... L 69-76
Feb 18 - @ Kennesaw State ............................. W 83-76
Feb 22 - Liberty
Feb 24 - @ Liberty

Key Player

#15 Kenny Dye
6' 0" 190 lbs Senior Point Guard
Thru 29 Games: Averaging 17.8 Pts, 4.1 Rebs & 4.6 Assists + 50-of-124 (40.2%) on 3-Pt Attempts
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
We are playing them TWICE this week! (and they beat Marshall). :shock:
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Looks like a high school auditorium
And yet we still lose games to schools with high school gyms. Hmmm...
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Keep an eye on KSU vs. North Alabama tonight. That's our best shot at them dropping another game and giving us first place.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
N Bama is arguably playing the best ball in the conference right now. If we can TCB against Queens (which won't be a walk in the park) I like our chances to get the top seed.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 5:06 pm N Bama is arguably playing the best ball in the conference right now. If we can TCB against Queens (which won't be a walk in the park) I like our chances to get the top seed.
Elvis sighting 8)
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Need some offense. Maybe we should get the ball into Preston. After all, he is shooting 70% from the floor. Second best in the country. 8) 8)
By Ill flame
They just remind of that scene from semi pro when they invented the alley oop

Referee- "that's a foul... no two fouls"

Will Ferrell- "foul? I didn't touch anybody"

Referee- "Look people can't just be flying in the air like that"
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 9:24 pm There is no rhyme or reason for when the refs blow their whistle. This is always my biggest complaint about basketball.
They’ve called like 3 phantom fouls on Warfield alone. They reward Queens’ guards for being out of control.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
These officials have been fine. Have no idea what ‘phantom fouls’ you are referring to. His back to back fouls were good calls. He tried to take the charge and got juked out of position. Then for no real reason he tried to smack the shot instead of contest and got the shooters arm
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Good bounce-back game for Porter tonight.

McGhee is at 503 all time threes. He’ll likely pass Travis Bader (504) for 3rd place all-time on Friday and has an outside shot at catching Fletcher Magee (509) for 2nd place as well. He should overtake him in the tourney.

@Purple Haize, I thought he had good position defensively on the charge, thought it should have been a no-call. I didn’t see the smack on the arm, but I’ll take your word for it. The last foul in the last minute of the game was egregious though.
By Ill flame
I can think of 3 calls off of the top where the defender was standing still with his hands up and they called fouls on him. Idk maybe I'm just too used to watching the big ten where people get away with murder in the paint.
JK37 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 9:59 pm Good bounce-back game for Porter tonight.

McGhee is at 503 all time threes. He’ll likely pass Travis Bader (504) for 3rd place all-time on Friday and has an outside shot at catching Fletcher Magee (509) for 2nd place as well. He should overtake him in the tourney.

@Purple Haize, I thought he had good position defensively on the charge, thought it should have been a no-call. I didn’t see the smack on the arm, but I’ll take your word for it. The last foul in the last minute of the game was egregious though.
At first I thought he had position as well. But they showed a replay from the baseline and it was a good call.
You know he smacked the arm based on his reaction because HE knew he smacked the arm
I don’t recall the last foul

They did have really “patient” aka “late” whistles. It’s encouraged but it was kinda annoying tonight
By jmclaughlin
Good win. Have to give our guys credit for keeping their cools with the officiating. LU is so well coached on Defensive positioning and seem to be penalized for it consistently. ASUN officials have been awful this year but tonight was one of the worst I have ever seen. I have never seen so many whistles that were anticipation calls…that still resulted in late whistles. Robinson and Warfield each had multiple whistles against them that were embarrassingly bad.
The last 2 deflections that resulted in Queens positions were clearly wrong in real time. They even reviewed the last one and still got it wrong.

Another thought: LU scouting is something along the lines of, create 1on1 matchups with #O, #1 or #2 and bully ball them into the post. This will hurt us against more physical lineups in the tourney (a la ‘Bama and Northwestern). If we draw a perimeter oriented team, this team has a decent chance to get into the 32. That is if we can handle KSU first.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
You would think that, but our conference losses have been to teams shooting lights out from the perimeter.

Loss to EKU- 10-22 (45.5%)
Loss to Lipscomb 11-24 (45.8%)
Loss to Kennesaw 8-20 (40%), including 5-8 in the 2nd half and 3-3 down the stretch
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]