If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Kennesaw State University
Kennesaw, Georgia

KSU Hoops Official Site

KSU Convocation Center
Opened in 2005 - Seats 4600

Amir Abdur-Raheem
4th Season as KSU Head Coach

2022-2023 Schedule/Results

Nov 07 - LaGrange ..................................................... W 99-56
Nov 11 - @ Florida ..................................................... L 78-88
Nov 14 - Brewton-Parker ........................................... W 95-36
Nov 18 - vs. SE Louisiana in Boone, NC ...................... W 72-68
Nov 19 - @ Appalachian State .................................... W 71-67
Nov 20 - vs. Campbell in Boone, NC .......................... L 61-85
Nov 26 - @ VCU .......................................................... L 61-64
Dec 02 - @ Mercer ...................................................... W 66-63
Dec 05 - @ Charleston Southern ............................... W 76-65
Dec 12 - @ San Diego State ........................................ L 54-88
Dec 17 - Georgia College ............................................ W 79-55
Dec 20 - USC Upstate ................................................. W 65-56
Dec 23 - @ Indiana ..................................................... L 55-69
Dec 31 - Central Arkansas .......................................... W 82-66
Jan 02 - Eastern Kentucky .......................................... W 79-75
Jan 05 - @ North Florida ............................................. L 86-89
Jan 07 - @ Queens ...................................................... W 76-67
Jan 12 - Jacksonville .................................................. W 81-68
Jan 14 - North Florida ................................................. W 86-72
Jan 19 - @ Stetson ...................................................... W 82-81
Jan 21 - @ FGCU ......................................................... W 65-63
Jan 26 - Austin Peay ................................................... W 84-57
Jan 28 - Lipscomb ...................................................... W 85-72
Feb 02 - @ Bellarmine ................................................ W 90-84
Feb 04 - @ Eastern Kentucky ....................................... L 74-77
Feb 09 - @ Jacksonville State ..................................... W 54-52
Feb 11 - Jacksonville State ......................................... W 74-71
Feb 16 - Liberty .......................................................... 7:00 PM
Feb 18 - Queens
Feb 22 - @ North Alabama
Feb 24 - @ Central Arkansas

Key Player

#3 Chris Youngblood
6' 4" 218 lbs Junior Guard
Thru 27 Games: Averaging 14.5 Pts, 4.7 Rebs & 1.7 Assists + 64-of-148 (43.2%) on 3-Pt Attempts + 86.9 FT%
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Very happy to say I’ll be there for this one.
Sly Fox, Baybird liked this
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
This game makes me nervous for how the rest of the season plays out. Looking at their roster, it's easy to see that there are match-up issues for us potentially. Size and skill-wise, they're easily going to be the toughest test of the season in the conference schedule. Their big man looks like a specimen though. Blake has an inch on him, but he's got 35lbs on Blake and more on Shiloh. Their guards all have size too and can shoot. We have played great team defense this year, but we will need offensive contributions from everyone to win this game. I'd really like to see Venzant and Warfield more involved in the offense. Those guys both came in ranked pretty highly. I saw Venzant hold the ball at the top of the arc with no one around him for almost 2 seconds in the EKU game. No dribble or thought to take a wide-open shot. He was just looking to pass, which I don't understand?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Youngblood is a former 4-star recruit who is finally proving himself at this level. They have recruited a high caliber athletes for several years now and they are coming into form this season.

That said, they barely survived two game with Jax State over the weekend. And if you look at the margins of their league games, you will notice they don't have many blowouts but know how to win tight games.
By LUOrange
Sly Fox wrote: February 15th, 2023, 12:17 pm Youngblood is a former 4-star recruit who is finally proving himself at this level. They have recruited a high caliber athletes for several years now and they are coming into form this season.

That said, they barely survived two game with Jax State over the weekend. And if you look at the margins of their league games, you will notice they don't have many blowouts but know how to win tight games.
We saw last MBB and football seasons, that if you're constantly winning tight games eventually it'll catch up to you and you won't win when it matters. Hopefully, this will be that game for Kenny State.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: February 16th, 2023, 2:59 am I think we prove who is the undisputed top dog in the ASUN & I think we do it convincingly! We win this game by 14 or more.
That's a tall task given they are 11-0 at home.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: February 16th, 2023, 2:59 am I think we prove who is the undisputed top dog in the ASUN & I think we do it convincingly! We win this game by 14 or more.
I appreciate the optimism, I think there's a very real chance that we smoke them, and I think it's also our best chance. We've had some games where our offense just flows incredibly, which sets our defense up well and we coast.

I don't trust us in a close game, and I think we lose this one if we let it be close. We haven't proven to be great in crunch time, lots of stagnant offense and hero ball in close games. the only exception this year was the last game vs EKU, maybe that shows us turning a corner, but they're obviously more comfortable in those situations than we are.
jmclaughlin liked this
By Liberty_2023
Hard to tell because we haven’t played yet this year but I could see us winning by 10 +.

Huge game because it’s effectively our NIT bid should we lose in the conference tournament.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: February 16th, 2023, 9:49 pm KSU plays like a bunch of thugs. Plus, like 90% of the ASUN, we get to watch a live broadcast from a high school gymnasium.
I’ve been waiting to see someone play LU physical like this.
By Ill flame
Defense was bad today. All kennesaw had to do was drive to the basket and it was an automatic whistle. Scouting report on us is clearly to be as physical as possible because we struggle when it turns into a hockey game.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Typical Liberty.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://www.aseaofred.com/liberty-adds-commitment-[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]