If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
University of North Florida
Jacksonville, Florida

UNF Hoops Official Site

UNF Arena
Opened in 1993 - Seats 5800

Matthew Driscoll
13th Season as UNF Head Coach

2022-2023 Schedule/Results

Nov 07 - @ Gonzaga ............................................ L 63-104
Nov 11 - @ Washington ....................................... L 67-75
Nov 19 - SC State ................................................ W 72-66
Nov 21 - @ Duquesne .......................................... L 82-83
Nov 23 - @ Kentucky ........................................... L 56-96
Nov 29 - Trinity Baptist ....................................... W 90-49
Dec 03 - @ High Point .......................................... L 88-93
Dec 06 - @ Houston ............................................. L 42-76
Dec 10 - Bethune-Cookman ................................ W 88-48
Dec 17 - @ Pittsburgh ......................................... L 56-82
Dec 19 - Davis & Elkins ....................................... W 105-66
Dec 22 - @ Bethune-Cookman ............................ W 87-85
Dec 29 - Atlantis ................................................. W 92-60
Dec 31 - Austin Peay ............................................ W 90-85
Jan 02 - @ Stetson ............................................... L 62-68
Jan 05 - Kennesaw State ..................................... W 89-86
Jan 07 - @ FGCU .................................................. L 57-82
Jan 12 - @ Jacksonville State .............................. L 63-72
Jan 14 - @ Kennesaw State ................................. L 72-86
Jan 19 - Queens .................................................. W 95-90
Jan 21 - Liberty
Jan 26 - @ Central Arkansas
Jan 28 - @ North Alabama
Feb 02 - @ Jacksonville
Feb 04 - Jacksonville
Feb 09 - FGCU
Feb 11 - Stetson
Feb 16 - @ Lipscomb
Feb 18 - @ Austin Peay
Feb 22 - Eastern Kentucky
Feb 24 - Bellarmine

Key Player

#10 Jarius Hicklen
6' 3" 170 lbs Junior Guard
Thru 12 Games: Averaging 14.3 Pts, 3.7 Rebs & 3.4 Assists + 37-of-91 (40.7%) on 3-Pt Attempts
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: January 20th, 2023, 5:46 pm They don’t like road games
For sure. Beat Bethune Cookman by 40 at home and by 2 on the road their only road win. :shock:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
My Jitterbug cell phone tells me this is a 2:00 game on ESPN+, and LU is favored by 10 points! :oldhag Play Basketball
By Ill flame
https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBasketb ... are_button

I saw this post on reddit and thought some of you would find it interesting. I tried to post a picture instead of linking to that wretched hive of scum and villainy but it was too big. Out of the top 75 teams in the country we were third for the most 10-0 runs per game with about 1.13. On the defensive end we were about average (among the top 75) with about .4 10-0 runs allowed per game. It's kind of an obscure stat but still relevant.
stokesjokes, Baybird liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
He also broke it up into P5 and non-P5s in the comments:

We look great right now. Guys are progressing and the team is gelling. An impressive coaching job from RM and staff. The team has definitely been “coached up” since November. Am I using that right, @ballcoach15 ?
JK37 liked this
By lueer
Registration Days Posts
I know we are unselfish but not sure Warfield passing up an uncontested layup to give Rode a 3 point shot was a good idea.
By Veritas
Appalling broadcast. Just in case you were wondering when the commercial break happens, we have this helpful graphic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stokesjokes liked this
By jmclaughlin
Porters progression has been fun to watch. He is a liability physically but his Vision and BBall IQ is best on the team, as a Freshman .
Also, Preston has really stepped up his game
AATL liked this
By Ill flame
Up by 11 and we let them go on a 17-3 run. It feels like we always let teams stick around longer than they should before pulling away.
By AATL
Veritas wrote: January 21st, 2023, 3:27 pm Appalling broadcast. Just in case you were wondering when the commercial break happens, we have this helpful graphic.
All things considered, I thought it was a solid broadcast so far. We're blessed by LFSN, who is head and shoulders above the rest of the ASUN in funding, resources, and staffing. The commentary seems pretty fair (albeit grrrrrowly) and I appreciate the props they've given McGhee and McKay all game.

It is, however, unfortunate that the thing they've been broadcasting was LU's six-minute brain fart to end that half. If the team from the first 15 minutes shows up for the second and stays out of foul trouble with these tacky off-ball fouls, I feel pretty good.
By Ill flame
UNF shot 55% against us in the first half and that wasn't due to bad defense. Only Alabama has shot over 50% against us this season so I expect UNF to come back to earth. Our offense is doing fine.
By Veritas
AATL wrote: January 21st, 2023, 4:05 pm
Veritas wrote: January 21st, 2023, 3:27 pm Appalling broadcast. Just in case you were wondering when the commercial break happens, we have this helpful graphic.
All things considered, I thought it was a solid broadcast so far. We're blessed by LFSN, who is head and shoulders above the rest of the ASUN in funding, resources, and staffing. The commentary seems pretty fair (albeit grrrrrowly) and I appreciate the props they've given McGhee and McKay all game.

It is, however, unfortunate that the thing they've been broadcasting was LU's six-minute brain fart to end that half. If the team from the first 15 minutes shows up for the second and stays out of foul trouble with these tacky off-ball fouls, I feel pretty good.
Not so much the substance of the commentary but the gritty and amateur quality to the pacing and flow. It’s tough to listen to.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I’m not 100% sure the overweight bald ref is watching the game. Seems to be fair though so I guess that’s something.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
jmclaughlin wrote: January 21st, 2023, 3:29 pm Porters progression has been fun to watch. He is a liability physically but his Vision and BBall IQ is best on the team, as a Freshman .
Also, Preston has really stepped up his game
IMHO these things are related. Preston really benefits from having a guy who can get him into good spots.
jmclaughlin liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I know by rule that’s an intentional foul but I hate that rule. Should have called the foul early. OR just concede the defender was helpless and not wanting to hurt anyone. Back in the day we called that ‘basketball’ Study
thesportscritic liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The refs seem to be watching a different game. Ticky tack fouls and then muggings go uncalled. Both benches frustrated.

Meanwhile our frontcourt has been a terrific today.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Honestly these officials look tired. I’d be interested to see if they did a game last night. They just don’t look sharp.
thesportscritic liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]