If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Ill flame
Sly Fox wrote: January 21st, 2023, 4:44 pm The refs seem to be watching a different game. Ticky tack fouls and then muggings go uncalled. Both benches frustrated.

Meanwhile our frontcourt has been a terrific today.
Feels like watching an average big ten game. If you had told me we would only get 12 point out of McGhee and peebles I wouldn't be confident about winning. All 3 of our forwards really stepped up today along with porter and his 9 assists. This might have been one of our best team wins.
flamehunter, Baybird liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Playing Preston and Shiloh together was genius on McKay's part. And Porter makes it exciting with his passes in the paint and especially alley-op passes above the rim for easy dunks! :shock:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: January 21st, 2023, 7:24 pm Playing Preston and Shiloh together was genius on McKay's part. And Porter makes it exciting with his passes in the paint and especially alley-op passes above the rim for easy dunks! :shock:
Although I don't have a problem with the idea of Ritchie and genius being used in the same sentence, I suspect that Shiloh and Blake playing at the same time had more to do with Rode being in early foul trouble.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 21st, 2023, 4:35 pm I know by rule that’s an intentional foul but I hate that rule. Should have called the foul early. OR just concede the defender was helpless and not wanting to hurt anyone. Back in the day we called that ‘basketball’ Study
Back in your day Chuck Taylor’s were all the rage.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: January 21st, 2023, 8:36 pm
Purple Haize wrote: January 21st, 2023, 4:35 pm I know by rule that’s an intentional foul but I hate that rule. Should have called the foul early. OR just concede the defender was helpless and not wanting to hurt anyone. Back in the day we called that ‘basketball’ Study
Umm. No

adidas Top 10 were all the rage
By LU 57
Purple Haize wrote: January 21st, 2023, 9:14 pm
Umm. No

Converse Weapons? I had the Bird ones.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: January 21st, 2023, 9:31 pm
Purple Haize wrote: January 21st, 2023, 9:14 pm

Umm. No

Converse Weapons? I had the Bird ones.
The Dr J All Stars came first.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
In addition to Kyles foul trouble, another reason Blake and Shiloh were both on the court so much was that Cleveland was not available (I'm assuming lingering effects of his illness.) It worked out pretty well. Maybe we will see more of it, but I don't see Ritchie cutting Kyle's minutes much. Maybe play a big lineup against some matchups, with all 3 of them in the game.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 8:29 pm 3 years of HS we had white Pro Keds and white Chuck Taylor All-Stars. In summer ball wore black high top Converse.
I thought the market for white Pro Keds was for fundy women wearing jean skirts because they don't believe in wearing pants. :wink:
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]