If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Jacksonville University
Jacksonville, Florida

JU Hoops Official Site

Swisher Gymnasium
Opened in 1953 - Seats 1452

Jordan Mincy
2nd Season as JU Head Coach

2022-2023 Schedule/Results

Nov 07 - @ Duke ............................................................. L 44-71
Nov 11 - Johnson (FL) ..................................................... W 85-34
Nov 20 - Voorhees (SC) ................................................... W 91-61
Nov 23 - @ Campbell ...................................................... W 64-43
Nov 30 - @ UAB ............................................................... L 61-80
Dec 03 - Trinity Baptist ................................................... W 74-39
Dec 07 - @ VCU ............................................................... W 73-62
Dec 10 - @ UNCW ............................................................. L 53-81
Dec 17 - Charleston Southern .......................................... W 72-63
Dec 20 - @ Louisiana-Monroe .......................................... W 66-55
Dec 27 - @ Notre Dame .................................................... L 43-59
Dec 31 - @ FGCU .............................................................. L 65-72
Jan 02 - Jacksonville State .............................................. W 62-46
Jan 05 - @ Stetson ........................................................... L 61-73
Jan 07 - Lipscomb ........................................................... W 51-44
Jan 12 - @ Kennesaw State .............................................. L 68-81
Jan 14 - @ Jacksonville State .......................................... W 68-62
Jan 19 - Liberty
Jan 21 - Queens
Jan 26 - @ North Alabama
Jan 28 - @ Central Arkansas
Feb 02 - North Florida
Feb 04 - @ North Florida
Feb 09 - Stetson
Feb 11 - FGCU
Feb 16 - @ Austin Peay
Feb 18 - @ Lipscomb
Feb 22 - Bellarmine
Feb 24 - Eastern Kentucky

Key Player

#3 Kevion Nolan
6' 2" 180 lbs Senior Guard
Thru 17 Games: Averaging 13.9 Pts, 4.4 Rebs & 4.6 Assists + 44-of-121 (36.4%) on 3-Pt Attempts + 86.1 FT%
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
This is pathetic tv coverage. Is the volume for anyone else changing? Mine has gone up and down a few times.

Also, the removable practice goals are visible :x
By jmclaughlin
I hope Billy Nimnicht’s contribution to the school was posthumous. Would have to be embarrassed to have his name on that court
By Ill flame
My local HS has significantly better tv broadcasts than this and play in a gym at least 3 times bigger. It's amazing how schools like this are allowed to play in the same division as big ten schools.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
And yet they'll still find a way to beat us...
aredd33 liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: January 19th, 2023, 8:17 pm And yet they'll still find a way to beat us...
They will and it’s absolutely maddening.
By LU 57
As bad as the broadcast has been the announcers have been pretty decent.

Take out the LU broadcast team and these guys are like Enberg and Packer compared to most of the ASUN broadcast teams.
jmclaughlin liked this
By jmclaughlin
This is the type of game that our system shows out. We have just made things so tough for JU to do what they want to do on O.
By Tothehoopyall1
flamehunter wrote: January 19th, 2023, 9:28 pm
Tothehoopyall1 wrote: January 19th, 2023, 9:04 pm We should have 4 more points. Preston has missed two layups. Why is Zac Cleveland not dressed?
Preston is 3-4 from the floor. Yet he missed 2 layups? :dontgetit
Ah yep. I guess one was bricked so hard they didn’t count it as a shot.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Tothehoopyall1 wrote: January 19th, 2023, 10:03 pm
Tothehoopyall1 wrote: January 19th, 2023, 9:04 pm We should have 4 more points. Preston has missed two layups. Why is Zac Cleveland not dressed?
Not sure what Preston did to you, but why not give him credit for a great game instead of finding a negative and harping on that? 14 points, 10 rebounds, no fouls. Cleveland will get his turn. Love his aggressiveness and attitude. Looking forward to him over the next few years.
LUOrange liked this
By Tothehoopyall1
flamehunter wrote: January 19th, 2023, 10:11 pm
Tothehoopyall1 wrote: January 19th, 2023, 10:03 pm
Not sure what Preston did to you, but why not give him credit for a great game instead of finding a negative and harping on that? 14 points, 10 rebounds, no fouls. Cleveland will get his turn. Love his aggressiveness and attitude. Looking forward to him over the next few years.
I never said he didn’t have a good game. It did turn out to be a good game for him. He still missed several shots that should not have been missed. He did play better after I made the comment I made in the forum and for that I am glad.
By Racenut
Registration Days Posts
Someone close to the program told me that Cleveland was ill (not COVID elated) before the last home game. Perhaps he is still getting his legs back underneath him. I predict that he is going to be major contributor in the coming years, but I am glad to see Blake having a great senior season. With Shiloh, Kyle and Blake graduating, Zach will definitely be a major player over the next three years.
Cider Jim liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: January 19th, 2023, 8:17 pm My local HS has significantly better tv broadcasts than this and play in a gym at least 3 times bigger. It's amazing how schools like this are allowed to play in the same division as big ten schools.
Those are DIRTY WORDS to Ballcoach. :nono :nonono :fight
ballcoach15 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]