If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Lipscomb University
Nashville, Tennessee

Lipscomb Hoops Official Site

Lennie Acuff
4th Season as Lipscomb Head Coach

2022-2023 Schedule/Results

Nov 09 - @ South Dakota ................................ L 77-85
Nov 12 - Campbellsville .................................. W 107-54
Nov 14 - Belmont ............................................ W 77-75
Nov 18 - @ Notre Dame ................................... L 65-66
Nov 21 - Covenant College .............................. W 86-61
Nov 23 - @ Chattanooga .................................. W 72-66
Nov 30 - Navy .................................................. W 82-77
Dec 05 - Trevecca ............................................ W 87-49
Dec 09 - @ Alabama A&M ................................. L 59-63
Dec 11 - @ Tennessee State ............................. L 85-90
Dec 14 - Tennessee Tech .................................. W 64-63
Dec 17 - @ Michigan ........................................ L 75-83
Dec 20 - @ Louisville ........................................ W 75-67
Dec 30 - Stetson ............................................... L 80-86
Jan 02 - @ Liberty ............................................ 7PM ET

Key Player

#41 Jacob Ognacevic
6' 7" 220 lbs Sophomore Forward
Thru 14 Games: Averaging 15.9 Pts, 3.9 Rebs & .6 Assists + 60 FG% + 80.8 FT%
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
I have 6 good tickets available for tonight’s game. If you’re interested, send me a text with the number you’d like and your mobile number for texting.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 11:39 am I have 6 good tickets available for tonight’s game. If you’re interested, send me a text with the number you’d like and your mobile number for texting.
You’re not gonna be there? Pfft. Slacker
SumItUp liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
For the record, Asadullah is still with their squad. But his production has greatly diminished from a few years ago. he's still their leading rebounder but isn't much of an offensive threat these days.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 7:25 pm For the record, Asadullah is still with their squad. But his production has greatly diminished from a few years ago. he's still their leading rebounder but isn't much of an offensive threat these days.
I had hoped to see this one live. But Mrs purple is looking a bit…l.purple. She’s been battling the stomach bug going around
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 8:36 pm I wish noise cancellation technology was fully customized….McCracken 🤦‍♂️
He would be much more effective (and less annoying to me) by the Visitors bench
LU 57, Chippy liked this
By LU 57
Well he is coming through loud and clear on the broadcast…. :|

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but man I would think he could channel that enthusiasm in a far less annoying way. I guess annoying is his brand though….

Although I would argue it is more annoying to the LU fans who have to hear him at every home game than to the opposing teams that only have to hear him once a year.
LUOrange liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 9:22 pm Well he is coming through loud and clear on the broadcast…. :|

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but man I would think he could channel that enthusiasm in a far less annoying way. I guess annoying is his brand though….

Although I would argue it is more annoying to the LU fans who have to hear him at every home game than to the opposing teams that only have to hear him once a year.
Dude. He’s super annoying. As a student he was fine in the student section. Now as an ‘Adult”…… I can’t wait til he has kids so he has to pay attention to them :D
LU 57, LUOrange, Dalegarz1 liked this
By Ill flame
Wasn't Lipscomb supposed to be one of the better teams in the ASUN this year? C-USA basketball can't come soon enough.
By Liberty_2023
Lipscomb was picked (in a tie with Bellarmine) 6th in the preseason coaches poll. Picked 8th in the preseason media poll but with 1 first place vote.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
We might need to find a way to get Peebles on the floor more. Shooting 50% from 3 can really pull the defense out.

I hope he continues to work on getting shots off faster because we definitely will need him to be a bulk scorer when McGhee is gone next year.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 10:06 pm Wasn't Lipscomb supposed to be one of the better teams in the ASUN this year? C-USA basketball can't come soon enough.
Lipscomb and Bellarmine are mid-pack ASUN teams this year. Our toughest competition will likely be FGCU and Jacksonville. Be careful what you wish for. C - USA is going to be a much tougher path to an NCAA bid year in and year out. I think we will be ready, but it is by no means a sure thing.
By Ill flame
olldflame wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 11:24 pm
Ill flame wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 10:06 pm Wasn't Lipscomb supposed to be one of the better teams in the ASUN this year? C-USA basketball can't come soon enough.
Lipscomb and Bellarmine are mid-pack ASUN teams this year. Our toughest competition will likely be FGCU and Jacksonville. Be careful what you wish for. C - USA is going to be a much tougher path to an NCAA bid year in and year out. I think we will be ready, but it is by no means a sure thing.
I fully expect to fight tooth and nail to get a ncaa bid every year in C-usa and that's what I'm looking forward to. We will be challenged almost every game and it will feel like we actually earned it if/when we win the conference. I just can't get excited about playing obscure teams every game and praying we don't get upset in the conference tournament.
jinxy, LUOrange liked this
By Liberty_2023
UCA should have beat FGCU tonight. UCA was up 4 and fouled Cato on a 3 with 13 seconds left. He hit the FT to go to OT. Would have been huge down the stretch in conference play.
By Ill flame
I've been down on this team most of the season because all of our losses have been to teams that arent typically very strong. Looking back at their kenpom ratings, none of those losses are looking bad now. We even have a better win than I realized at the time (bradley)

Alabama-9
Northwestern- 63
Oral Robert's- 73
Southern miss- 127

Bradley-79

We've significantly improved our play on both sides of the ball recently and our kenpom ratings have reflected (Ranks in parentheses)

After ORU:
+6.44 (98)
Offense- 107.5 (77)
Defense- 101.0 (139)

After Lipscomb:
+11.12 (68)
Offense- 109.4 (43)
Defense- 98.3 (101)

I just wish we were more regularly challenged so we know how good this team really is. Are we the team that (relatively) easily beat Bradley or the team that was blown out by oral Robert's?
By LUOrange
LU 57 wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 8:36 pm I wish noise cancellation technology was fully customized….McCracken 🤦‍♂️
How much warm liquid and lozenges do y'all guess he consumes in order to recuperate after home games?
LU 57 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Simple answer. We are both. I believe ORU is a better team than Bradley and it was a neutral court game as opposed to a road game. I don't expect us to dominate the entire ASUN the way we did these first 2 games. We will have some much tougher games, and will likely lose at least one or two. Quite frankly, if we expect to be at or near the top of the league, beating mid packers by comfortable margins should be the norm, no matter what conference we play in.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: January 3rd, 2023, 12:58 am I've been down on this team most of the season because all of our losses have been to teams that arent typically very strong. Looking back at their kenpom ratings, none of those losses are looking bad now. We even have a better win than I realized at the time (bradley)

Alabama-9
Northwestern- 63
Oral Robert's- 73
Southern miss- 127

Bradley-79

We've significantly improved our play on both sides of the ball recently and our kenpom ratings have reflected (Ranks in parentheses)

After ORU:
+6.44 (98)
Offense- 107.5 (77)
Defense- 101.0 (139)

After Lipscomb:
+11.12 (68)
Offense- 109.4 (43)
Defense- 98.3 (101)

I just wish we were more regularly challenged so we know how good this team really is. Are we the team that (relatively) easily beat Bradley or the team that was blown out by oral Robert's?
The road win over Bryant is not looking too shabby either. They are 10-4, with a win over Syracuse.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Liberty_2023 wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 10:24 pm What happened to Coach Acuff? Praying he's okay.
COVID
By Ill flame
It was reported that he was available to return to yesterday's game but the game was already decided by that point anyway. I assume he'll be back on Thursday.
ballcoach15 liked this
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]