If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Mid-Atlantic Christian University
Elizabeth City, North Carolina

MACU Hoops Official Site

Charles Sims
1st Season as MACU Head Coach

2022-2023 Schedule/Results

Oct 28 - @ Montreat .......................... W, 82-74
Nov 10 - @ William & Mary ................. L, 40-116
Nov 12 - @ Mountain Gateway CC ...... W, 85-69
Nov 16 - @ NC Central ....................... L, 50-109
Nov 19 - The Crown College .............. W, 111-66
Dec 02 - @ NC Wesleyan .................... L, 52-79
Dec 03 - Christendom College ........... W, 64-49
Dec 04 - Greensboro College .............. L, 80-97
Dec 10 - @ Carolina University .......... L, 71-76
Dec 17 - @ Pitt CC .............................. L, 76-77
Dec 21 - @ Liberty

Key Player

#3 Talik Totten
5' 10" Senior Guard
Thru 7 Games: Averaging 21.3 Pts, 3.9 Rebs & 3.3 Assists
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
They beat Montreat?!?! :D

They play (and lose) to a lot of Community Colleges. Not sure why this particular team is on the schedule. Again I understand why the TYPE of game is but the Team is baffling
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
As soon as I saw Montreat I thought of you. Believe it or not, that is easily their biggest win of the season.

Games over the break are always ugly. I am headed to A&M to see Wofford play the Ags. I'll pass on greetings to Coaches Layer & Walden from the LU community.
flamehunter, Baybird liked this
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 20th, 2022, 10:48 am They beat Montreat?!?! :D

They play (and lose) to a lot of Community Colleges. Not sure why this particular team is on the schedule. Again I understand why the TYPE of game is but the Team is baffling
I have thought the same thing, until I saw many other big time programs playing similar types of schools. I just think this will be the new norm.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: December 20th, 2022, 10:53 am As soon as I saw Montreat I thought of you. Believe it or not, that is easily their biggest win of the season.

Games over the break are always ugly. I am headed to A&M to see Wofford play the Ags. I'll pass on greetings to Coaches Layer & Walden from the LU community.
Again I have 0 issues with the TYPE of game. But there are other teams that I think would better fit the criteria I loved the fact LU got VUL on the schedule last minute instead of whatever that other school was. That generated a lot of goodwill in the community. Why not find other teams that can do the same thing?
prototype liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I even checked out their MBB roster and the college's website:

1. Fewer than 200 students
2. Nine staff members
3. A 9:1 student:professor ratio
4. Formerly called Roanoke Bible College
5. They have a 5'5" guard shorter than Darius.
6. They have a 6'10" big taller than Preston.
7. They play in the Eastern Metro Athletic Conference.

Should be lot of minutes for our 2nd and 3rd string players!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: December 20th, 2022, 1:33 pm My guess would be they don't want to play us.
Their athletic departments could use the money
By Tothehoopyall1
I would be happy to schedule a game with Averett from Danville or another D3 school. I'm pretty sure I could get it scheduled. It can't be that hard to do. They are probably better off having an intrasquad scrimmage as opposed to this game today. Surely, we can do better than this.
JK37 liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
If THAT Jonathan Jackson ever shows up again we are good to go on offense. Wow! 7-of-9 from behind the arc would have tied his namesake (Larry) Jackson for the school record before Darius dropped in 9 the other night.
flamehunter, LUOrange liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: December 21st, 2022, 2:43 pm If THAT Jonathan Jackson ever shows up again we are good to go on offense. Wow! 7-of-9 from behind the arc
TF has been saying for 2 years that Jackson has the best shooting touch on the team! Play Basketball :oldhag
By LUOrange
Sly Fox wrote: December 21st, 2022, 2:43 pm If THAT Jonathan Jackson ever shows up again we are good to go on offense. Wow! 7-of-9 from behind the arc would have tied his namesake (Larry) Jackson for the school record before Darius dropped in 9 the other night.
Larry Jackson and Peter Aluma were a lot of fun to watch play. Heartbreakers those teams were.
By LUOrange

We scheduled this game for Noon on a Wednesday. It kinda shows you how serious we were taking this game. Then again, many of our tip-off times baffle me.

I do agree with you that we should schedule UL, RC and VUL more often as our non-D1 opponents. I've been saying this for a while. I'd even throw in Averett Roanoke and Bridgewater as well. They do create a little bit of community goodwill and a lot of regional kids go to those schools, so they may even put 20-30 butts in the seats over Christmas break as well.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: December 21st, 2022, 11:51 pm

We scheduled this game for Noon on a Wednesday. It kinda shows you how serious we were taking this game. Then again, many of our tip-off times baffle me.

I do agree with you that we should schedule UL, RC and VUL more often as our non-D1 opponents. I've been saying this for a while. I'd even throw in Averett Roanoke and Bridgewater as well. They do create a little bit of community goodwill and a lot of regional kids go to those schools, so they may even put 20-30 butts in the seats over Christmas break as well.
We would have been more likely to show up to today’s game if it was one of those teams you mentioned
LUOrange liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: December 21st, 2022, 11:51 pm
We scheduled this game for Noon on a Wednesday.
Because of the noon tipoff, three of my tailgating buddies were able to make the game and even have breakfast together at Texas Inn. For us, 12:00 was the perfect time to get together.
:oldhag :oldhag :oldhag
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I admit that I rather enjoy these midday games over the holidays. I was able to go winterize my kids' college townhouse and then go enjoy a game and be home by mid-afternoon. Of course, we were surrounded by blue hair ...
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]