If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Bryant University
Smithfield, Rhode Island

Bryant Hoops Official Site

MassMutual Center
Opened in 1972 - Seats 8000

Jared Grasso
5th Season as BU Head Coach

2022-2023 Schedule/Results

Nov 07 - THOMAS (ME) ....................................... W, 147-39
Nov 11 - @ DARTMOUTH .................................... W, 89-70
Nov 14 - @ MAINE-FORT KENT ........................... W, 1-0 (FORFEIT)
Nov 17 - @ FAU ................................................... L, 85-74
Nov 19 - @ FIU ................................................... W, 91-85
Nov 21 - vs DETROIT MERCY in Boca Raton ...... W, 98-88
Nov 26 - @ SYRACUSE ......................................... W, 73-72
Nov 28 - FRAMINGHAM ST. .................................. W, 98-44
Dec 02 - BROWN ................................................... L, 72-60
Dec 04 - @ CINCINNATI ........................................ L, 97-71
Dec 06 - @ TULANE .............................................. PPD
Dec 09 - STONY BROOK ....................................... W, 79-60
Dec 11 - @ MANHATTAN ....................................... W, 104-97
Dec 17 - vs. LIBERTY @ Springfield, Mass ........... 12:30 PM

Key Player

#5 Charles Pride
6' 4" 200 lbs Senior Guard
Thru 11 Games: Averaging 16.4 Pts, 6.8 Rebs & 2.6 Assists + 40% on 3-Pt Attempts
ballah09 wrote: December 17th, 2022, 2:28 pm We don’t have an ounce of athleticism and it doesn’t help that we have no post game.

It’s painful to see teams abuse Porter whether it’s shooting over him or posting and driving by him. For one thing Ritchie has to change his recruiting philosophy.
Darius is pretty athletic
VanZandt is pretty athletic even if I can’t spell his name
Warfield is athletic

Now, if you want athleticism from the frontline…. You won’t find it.
Tothehoopyall1 wrote: December 17th, 2022, 3:16 pm This is by far our best game of the season. I mean by far. I’m still concerned about Porter but it is nice to see us playing well today. A very strong team effort.
So we are leading? From reading the other posts I assumed we were getting blown out. I'm out in the woods hunting and the stats broadcast is not working.
flamehunter wrote: December 17th, 2022, 3:22 pm
Tothehoopyall1 wrote: December 17th, 2022, 3:16 pm This is by far our best game of the season. I mean by far. I’m still concerned about Porter but it is nice to see us playing well today. A very strong team effort.
So we are leading? From reading the other posts I assumed we were getting blown out. I'm out in the woods hunting and the stats broadcast is not working.
We are up 79-57. I just assumed you were making a point that people were acting like we are as bad as chicago state despite winning big.
flamehunter liked this
Purple Haize wrote: December 17th, 2022, 2:53 pm
ballah09 wrote: December 17th, 2022, 2:28 pm We don’t have an ounce of athleticism and it doesn’t help that we have no post game.

It’s painful to see teams abuse Porter whether it’s shooting over him or posting and driving by him. For one thing Ritchie has to change his recruiting philosophy.
Warfield is athletic

What we don’t have are guys who are athletes and basketball players. Aside from Darius, our best athletes haven’t shown a ton of skill, and our most skilled guys, like Peebles and Porter, are athletically limited.
stokesjokes wrote: December 17th, 2022, 3:34 pm
Purple Haize wrote: December 17th, 2022, 2:53 pm

Warfield is athletic

What we don’t have are guys who are athletes and basketball players. Aside from Darius, our best athletes haven’t shown a ton of skill, and our most skilled guys, like Peebles and Porter, are athletically limited.
The comment I replied to was “we don’t have an ounce of athleticism”. You make a different point.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]