If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jmclaughlin
This is a big game for the LU program. Bama is a team that will get better as the season goes on. They are young and 2 of their best players are out with injuries (Quinerly, Welch). Getting them now is fortunate. It seems like a 50/50 to me. They have bigs but unproven shooters. We take away the bigs with the PAC Line and force you to shoot from the corners. Its a good matchup for our skill set.
By Ill flame
These announcers are not very good. I'm also suprised how empty that arena is. We are playing well so far though.
By Ill flame
I'm remembering why I don't really watch basketball anymore. There's a whistle almost every trip down the court with no consistency.
ballcoach15 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Officiating has been equally inconsistent. Never seen a Ritchie work them like this. Oats all over them too.

Alabama is really long and talented. Keeping this under 10 without McGhee on the floor is HUGE for LU.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: November 11th, 2022, 9:41 pm I'm remembering why I don't really watch basketball anymore. There's a whistle almost every trip down the court with no consistency.
A whistle or a TV timeout. And my "favorite", a 30 second time out called by a coach, that becomes a full time out.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Too many outside shots for LU where the ball never touched the paint, let alone popped the bubble. The volume of three’s isn’t the problem: not making the D scramble at all is the issue.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
FT's are a difference statistically, but it just goes to show the difference in offensive styles. Without McGhee on the floor, there wasn't anybody to drive to the bucket for LU. Several possessions in a row where the ball never touched the paint, and a three-pointer went up.

And the volume of 3FGA isn't an issue; it's the way the offense is "settling" for them instead of "working" for them. When you drive and force the defense to help and scramble, so much better. Plus you give yourself a chance to collect a foul on the D when you drive. Not so with LU in first half.

Alabama is long and athletic everywhere. Miller is big time. But to me, Sears is a problem. Dude is SUPER quick. He's the one who goes and gets a BUCKET when they need one.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Does LU Hoops have a strength coach?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 11th, 2022, 9:54 pm When you don’t drive to the bucket, you don’t even give the refs a chance to call a foul for you.
Or when you are 5’5” driving into the lane against 6’10” defenders
Last edited by Purple Haize on November 12th, 2022, 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
JK37 liked this
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
We are just not at this level yet. Got to recruit better and get physically stronger. Why did Henry leave?
By AATL
Generally outsized and outplayed, but it sure makes the night tougher when they're dropping 3's at a 50% clip.
Liberty22, JK37 liked this
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
This color commentary guy lol. He’s like the dry eyes guy. “Great job. Well done. Very tough.”
By lueer
Registration Days Posts
We do not look good at all. Alabama is a bad matchup but we look bad. Can’t imagine playing Regent helped any.
By LUDad
jmclaughlin wrote: November 11th, 2022, 6:13 pm This is a big game for the LU program. Bama is a team that will get better as the season goes on. They are young and 2 of their best players are out with injuries (Quinerly, Welch). Getting them now is fortunate. It seems like a 50/50 to me. They have bigs but unproven shooters. We take away the bigs with the PAC Line and force you to shoot from the corners. Its a good matchup for our skill set.
None of that going on yet.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]