If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
With all the excitement over the football program the past few weeks, I haven't seen much about the game tonight.

I was surprised to see ESPN giving Regent a 5% chance of pulling off the victory. Hope they're good enough to give us a good test, but obviously not enough to pull the upset!
jmclaughlin liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
He's looking good for sure! Zach Cleveland looks pretty athletic too.

Shiloh already missed a few bad free throws. Hopefully that's not a trend.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: November 7th, 2022, 9:02 pm I have a hard time putting much stock in performances against non d1s. The Alabama game should tell us a lot.
Unless you look outmatched when playing against Regent. That would indicate something.
By Ill flame
Announced attendance was 3,885 which is apparently the third biggest crowd in Liberty Arena history. I'm suprised there wasn't more sellouts last year. I really wish the camera was facing the student section so we can't see all the empty seats from the season ticket holders.
Baybird liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: November 7th, 2022, 9:58 pm Announced attendance was 3,885 which is apparently the third biggest crowd in Liberty Arena history. I'm suprised there wasn't more sellouts last year. I really wish the camera was facing the student section so we can't see all the empty seats from the season ticket holders.
Season ticket holder here. Watching recorded episodes of Archer
JK37, SumItUp liked this
By LUOrange
It was a fun game (at Regent's expense) to watch. I was glad Brody came in and ensured that we scored over 100. Venzant appeared to be a little taller, Preston slimmer, and Spell a little thicker. It's amazing how much the change over the course of a summer.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: November 7th, 2022, 11:01 pm
Purple Haize wrote: November 7th, 2022, 10:02 pm
Season ticket holder here. Watching recorded episodes of Archer
C’mon man. Are you telling me you couldn’t afford the flight to campus?
We were at the Womens game. Near your (empty) seats….
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Richmond looked awfully good. Budnik tore LU up. Thought they would’ve doubled her or something, but never seemed to adjust. Richmond is far better than 8th in A10.
Baybird liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Colin Porter has 8 assists in 15 minutes of play. I think that tells you something about his playing style. He likes to make it happen for the guys around him.

He's going to fit in well with this team, and as noted on the broadcast last night, perhaps help McGhee to keep his legs fresh without having to worry about getting the ball up court. We struggled big-time on press break at times and relied heavily on McGhee last year, so hopefully he can help us out with that.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 8th, 2022, 7:41 am Richmond looked awfully good. Budnik tore LU up. Thought they would’ve doubled her or something, but never seemed to adjust. Richmond is far better than 8th in A10.
If they ARE 8th than the A10 is amazing
JK37, Baybird liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 8th, 2022, 8:21 am
JK37 wrote: November 8th, 2022, 7:41 am Richmond looked awfully good. Budnik tore LU up. Thought they would’ve doubled her or something, but never seemed to adjust. Richmond is far better than 8th in A10.
If they ARE 8th than the A10 is amazing
Really good coaching staff at UR.
Purple Haize liked this
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
When I saw Regent warming up compared to LU, I decided it was going to be more difficult to read too much into our performance in the game. I will say that Porter looked confident and mature as a ball handler for a Freshman playing in his first game. He protected the ball well, made some drives, but was always doing so to set up the pass. I do worry a bit about having two undersized guards on the floor at the same time. McGhee with his vertical can make up for it, but not sure about Porter. I was really impressed with Venzant as well. I hope he becomes a bigger threat on offense this year. I also hope Preston has learned how to use his size and be more aggressive on Offense this year, as last year he seemed tentative at times.
Baybird liked this
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]