If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
OK....people think i asked that just to get someone else to say it but I honestly didnt know....

This isnt putting into play the fact that we had 4 years of worst basketball than what were even seeing this year right before he came...dont believe me? ask one of the best guards we've ever had....if you compare the 4 years before he came and these 4 years...there is great improvement yet some of you will still continue to call for his head...heck this came from JF's mouth...if he'll give me 3 good years I'll OK with 1 not so good....He remembers all to well what happened before D...he also seems to have a better understanding (than some on this board) of some of the key players that left before this season....so just relax people :wink:
By fsn32
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:
Hold My Own wrote:what is his Big South Record? While being at LU these last 4 seasons?
2002-2003 8-8 (Lost BSC semis to Radford)
2003-2004 12-4 (BSC Champions)
2004-2005 11-5 (Lost BSC 1st Round to Charleston Southern)
2005-2006 2-9 (Through 2/11)

Sum total: 33-26 (Through 2/11)

Thanks to LU media guide for the numbers
Rhetorical
By fsn32
Registration Days Posts
Sorry BJ... guess it wasn't Rhetorical.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
i was going to say...I REALLY DIDNT KNOW!

Dial up is to slow to be looking for those things....thats what we keep some of you guys around for...research (PA)
By fsn32
Registration Days Posts
I was giving BJ a hard time... turns out I was the one who didn't catch the right drift.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
fsn32 wrote:I was giving BJ a hard time... turns out I was the one who didn't catch the right drift.
Hey I take everything literally...what can I say. Besides, I never turn down a chance to show my own research skills
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I'm just shocked that HMO's using dial-up. I didn't know they still MADE dial-up. What, you're using an Apple 2e or Commodore?
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:I'm just shocked that HMO's using dial-up. I didn't know they still MADE dial-up. What, you're using an Apple 2e or Commodore?
No kidding..I just moved so I had to make the jump from Cable to Dial Up...I'm a realy computer nerd, I got 2 new computers 1 Sony with 2 HDD's and TiVo...and a new HP Laptop, and I cant even use them full power...I miss my old place
By Guest
The guest in the fog are again nuts if you don't think Dunton can coach. He is building a program. I loved his comments today at the Flames Club. The guy will move this program to glory days and some critics will still want more. Ask the coahing staff what they think...guys with Division I understanding. It is inspirational to know the progress being made and look at the core spirit. BTW what are the records of the coaches who left with so much expertise.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
What were his comments from the luncheon today?
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Anonymous wrote:BTW what are the records of the coaches who left with so much expertise.
That my friends would be Rhetorical. :lol:
By fsn32
Registration Days Posts
Anonymous wrote:BTW what are the records of the coaches who left with so much expertise.

That is completely unfair. These were Godly men who were key parts in winning the Big South two years ago. I don't see any reason to trash them now.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I agree with FSN. Both of those coaches basically had to start from scratch at their new jobs. let's leave those guys alone.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:I'm just shocked that HMO's using dial-up. I didn't know they still MADE dial-up. What, you're using an Apple 2e or Commodore?
Be happy you don't live in Farmville.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I agree with FSN. Both of those coaches basically had to start from scratch at their new jobs. let's leave those guys alone.
true, just so yall know I wasn't agreeing with him!

You really cant say much until you've given him a full recruiting class (4 years)....although most LU fans would disagree! :lol:
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
If you don't have the oppurtunity to develop a player and watch him mature how could be really be judged on your true coaching skill. There is a difference between saying you need 4 years and getting six and producing very little( Karcher) and then getting 4 years and going to the tourney in half that time (dunton).
Future Schedules.... Again

Did Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and Qatar join the […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Though I don't like CAA, Richmond is taking a step[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

It's official Josh Smith has signed. [https://lib[…]

Athens Regional

I don’t know how to take that!