If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Looking at Manson's wish list, the 2 players I would love to get are Jalen Cooper, the 6'6" d2 F who was defensive POY in his conference (nice replacement for Warfield) and Francisco Caffaro, the 7 footer from UVA, who would bring the maturity of a 6th year guy, knowledge of the pack line, and a different perspective as an international. Could be a mentor for Kai Yu as well.
Purple Haize, LUOrange liked this
By 47/5-2
Registration Days Posts
The new transfers name reminded me of the late great Liberty Professor Dr Matheny. Carry on.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
47/5-2 wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 11:48 am The new transfers name reminded me of the late great Liberty Professor Dr Matheny. Carry on.
Same here. Highly unlikely, but I suppose it's possible there's a relation?
By 47/5-2
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
47/5-2 wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 11:48 am The new transfers name reminded me of the late great Liberty Professor Dr Matheny. Carry on.
Same here. Highly unlikely, but I suppose it's possible there's a relation?
I believe it's spelled differently (Metheny / Matheny)
By cruzan_flame13
From the updated rumor, I find it a little disappointing. My reason is that I'm nervous that the extra scholarship will be open, but then given to a basketball manager. That was cool the first time, but this shouldn't be some frequent decision every time we get a couple/few scholarships open. We should stack up on some good players in the transfer portal with a couple/few years of eligibility. McKay has proven that he can be trusted; It just crossed my mind of why this is the direction he's taking entering a new conference that's a bit better than the ASUN.
By cruzan_flame13
Tothehoopyall1 wrote: April 15th, 2023, 11:31 am Any word on How the Shaver visit to LU has gone? I'm really hoping we can land this kid.
Yeah, about that. Anyways, for anyone who were hoping for Daniel Ortiz, this is an update on him:

By LUOrange
I definitely like the Davis kid over Ortiz. Davis is definitely the better option. Hopefully, Shaver's visit goes really well.
By cruzan_flame13
LUOrange wrote: April 15th, 2023, 10:42 pm I definitely like the Davis kid over Ortiz. Davis is definitely the better option. Hopefully, Shaver's visit goes really well.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: April 15th, 2023, 11:20 pm
LUOrange wrote: April 15th, 2023, 10:42 pm I definitely like the Davis kid over Ortiz. Davis is definitely the better option. Hopefully, Shaver's visit goes really well.
That’s the second time you completely dismissed somebody mentioning Shaver. What’s going on with him?
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Upon evaluation, both player & coach walk away w/some idea of both playing time & shots. Player needs to conceptualize both in order to make the move. Adding necessitates subtraction.

Davis and Ortiz wouldn't be in the same role category. The either/or scenario involving Ortiz relates to Kaden. And if Davis is a late bloomer, then he could emerge and push JVZ/CB3 for PT.

Don't know about Shiver except that he hasn't played for 2 years. He'll gravitate to PT, if envisioned . If he remains a consensus project, then he should go w/coach who most believes in him.
LUOrange liked this
By Tothehoopyall1
Well let's see. Shaver would be the highest recruit (out of HS to ever play at LU). Carolina was in the top 5 in terms of least played bench minutes in D1 so Shaver was one of several talented players that didn't get to play this year. UNC fans were treated to 29% shooting (3pt) from Caleb Love all season. Hubert Davis did a horrible job of managing his bench and they had some legit talent (Shaver being one of them). No biggie to lose Ortiz (IMO) but we need a big and have needed a big for years. I'm hoping Shaver's visit went well but he has a ton of options to consider (because he is good).
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts

I don’t know about y’all but I definitely saw Blake going to the Big 10
LUOrange liked this
By Tothehoopyall1
aredd33 wrote:

Great on the pick and roll alley hoop but THAT IS ABOUT IT. Great guy and wish him the best.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Blake is a decent passer for a man his size. Thought he was under-utilized in the high post. But we needed 4 guys on the floor who are legit threats from 3 and can make proper BD reads.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Tothehoopyall1 wrote: April 16th, 2023, 6:58 pm
aredd33 wrote:

Great on the pick and roll alley hoop but THAT IS ABOUT IT. Great guy and wish him the best.
Also wish him the best, but don't see him getting any PT. He just isn't very good.
By LUOrange
Since Shaver's not coming. Who's our next target? I doubt we get the kid from Marshall. Any word on UVA's Caffero?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: April 17th, 2023, 8:52 am I doubt we get the kid from Marshall.
The Marshall center signed with the Florida Gators.
LUOrange liked this
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]