If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We as a team routinely make the stupidest passes that have absolutely no shot at being caught. Sometimes even a chest pass to the defense.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Sadly, I'm not enjoying the team late this season. We have become too one dimensional and our play is lackluster.
Which one of you is the Bible verse guy that dominates the center of the mid game discussion.
Veritas liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Yet again we are in the midst of an opposing player having a career night. What are we doing wrong that so happens so regularly?
Veritas liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
What an absolute rock fight. Thank goodness we came out in top. On to the semi’s.
The good news is there’s almost no way we will be that bad from 3 again…I hope anyway.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: March 3rd, 2022, 10:05 pm 19% from 3. We won't get far like that. Darius has GOT TO have some help on O.
As long as we play 4 on 5 we'll struggle. No one covers Venzant or Warfield which allows double teaming of McGhee. Neither have shown to be a threat this year and defenses know this. We have one reliable offensive threat and one guy that can take it to the hoop which makes it a lot easier to guard the rest on the perimeter and make them take long shots under duress. Most teams have at least 3 to 4. Lipscomb outscored us 32-16 in the paint. They drove to the hoop at will and while they made 16 layups they missed many more. They were blowing by our defenders all night. The crowd was huge at the end. Lipscomb made 4 TOs all night and 2-3 came in the last few minutes.
Geraldos Mustache liked this
stokesjokes wrote: March 3rd, 2022, 9:18 pm I don’t think I like what the answer probably is. Hint: I bet our D improves next year.
This is the worst defense we've had in years so I really hope so. I thought they looked good tonight though. Unfortunately we missed a lot of open shots.
We really only went 7 deep in this game. Brody played, but only a few minutes. Darius never left the floor.

Bizarre Stats on assists. Only 11 total for both teams, and Lipscomb only had 3. Out of 400 minutes played by 18 players, in his 34 minutes on the floor, Kyle Rode had more assists (6) than everyone else combined (5). This on a night when he went 1-10 shooting. He is indeed a unicorn.
flamehunter liked this
jmclaughlin wrote: March 4th, 2022, 12:10 am It’s March
Survive and advance!
Survive and advance?
Not when you are playing inferior competition.
Liberty should have won that game by a dozen points but allowed Lipscomb to stay in the game. Our shooting percentage was poor and lack of points in the paint very concerning.

You beat the teams you are supposed to beat - not just "survive".
Geraldos Mustache wrote: March 4th, 2022, 2:12 pm
Survive and advance!
Survive and advance?
Liberty should have won that game by a dozen points but allowed Lipscomb to stay in the game. Our shooting percentage was poor and lack of points in the paint very concerning.

I 100% agree that we should have won by 15+. We are playing uninspired basketball but once its tourney time, winning trumps style points. The point is, we could and should have lost that game with how we played. We didn't. We survived. And advanced.
stokesjokes liked this
They don’t ask how, they ask how many. At this point we’re still undefeated in ASUN tourney games. No one’s gonna care how much we beat Lipscomb in the quarterfinals by or what our shooting percentage was, as long as the banner goes in the rafters and we go to the big dance.
Geraldos Mustache liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Geraldos Mustache wrote: March 4th, 2022, 2:12 pm
Survive and advance!
Survive and advance?

I tried to warn you off such expectations vs. Lipscomb.
Not a fan of talking about who we are "supposed to beat". Who decides that? Expectations are fine, but there is a line you can step over where they become entitlements, and I personally try not to go there. In this year's ASUN, I don't think there is a single team that is not deserving of our respect.
flamehunter liked this
NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]