If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
University of Central Arkansas
Conway, Arkansas

UCA Hoops Official Site

Farris Center
Opened in 1972 - Seats 5500

Anthony Boone
2nd Season as UCA Head Coach

2021-2022 Schedule/Results

NOV 09 - @ SAINT LOUIS .................................................. L, 61-96
NOV 12 - @ BUTLER ........................................................ L, 53-85
NOV 17 - @ BAYLOR ........................................................ L, 47-92
NOV 20 - ORAL ROBERTS ................................................ W, 70-67

New Orleans Tournament
NOV 24 - @ NEW ORLEANS .............................................. L, 63-90
NOV 25 - vs VMI .............................................................. L, 67-73
NOV 26 - vs. PRESBYTERIAN ............................................ L, 66-75

DEC 01 - @ ARKANSAS ..................................................... L, 60-97
DEC 04 - @ ARKANSAS STATE ........................................... L, 82-95
DEC 14 - LITTLE ROCK ...................................................... Postponed
DEC 18 - @ MISSOURI STATE ............................................. L, 70-106
DEC 20 - HENDRIX COLLEGE ............................................. W, 90-56
DEC 29 - @ TEXAS A&M ..................................................... L, 59-85
DEC 31 - CHAMPION CHRISTIAN ....................................... W, 119-47
JAN 04 - @ EASTERN KENTUCKY ....................................... W, 79-72
JAN 09 - LIPSCOMB .......................................................... W, 93-88
JAN 11 - @ BELLARMINE ................................................... L, 63-85
JAN 15 - NORTH ALABAMA ................................................ W, 89-88
JAN 18 - JACKSONVILLE STATE .......................................... L 81-86
JAN 22 - LIBERTY .......................................................... Postponed
JAN 27 - @ NORTH FLORIDA .............................................. L, 74-93
JAN 29 - @ JACKSONVILLE ................................................ L, 59-79
FEB 03 - FLORIDA GULF COAST .......................................... L, 93-95
FEB 05 - STETSON .............................................................. W, 79-75
FEB 09 - @ KENNESAW STATE ............................................ L, 72-83
FEB 12 - @ JACKSONVILLE STATE ...................................... W, 72-62
FEB 16 - BELLARMINE ......................................................... L, 69-79
FEB 19 - EASTERN KENTUCKY ............................................ W, 83-76
FEB 23 - @ NORTH ALABAMA
FEB 26 - @ LIPSCOMB

Key Players

#23 Camren Hunter
6' 3" 200 lbs Freshman Guard
Thru 26 Games: 14.2 Pts, 4.6 Rebs & 2.9 Assists + 22-of-85 (25.9%) on 3-Pt Attempts

#4 Darious Hall
6' 7" Junior Guard/Forward - Transfer from DePaul & Arkansas
In 22 Games: Averaging 12.9 Pts, 6.7 Rebs & 2.9 Assists + 12-of-39 (30.8%) on 3-Pt Attempts
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I didn't even get a thread up over the weekend. I was busy leading and hosting a D-Now with a house full of teenagers. I am just coming up for air. I wonder if SumItUp is making the trip down to Conway.
SumItUp liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Turnovers as far as the eye can see tonight.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: February 21st, 2022, 8:37 pm Turnovers as far as the eye can see tonight.
Can't say "We're peaking at the right time" based on the last 1/2 dozen and tonight's game.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
BTW I really like their court.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: February 21st, 2022, 9:10 pm
aredd33 wrote: February 21st, 2022, 9:08 pm BTW I really like their court.
Their court is messing with me. I thought my TV had gone black and white for a sec.
Same with the black and white. The red uniforms on those shades of grey look great.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Interesting stat:
Darius scored 34 and had the worst shooting % on the team :shock:

Not a knock against Darius at all, everyone else was 50% or above.

I can tell McKay is working on the offense. Seeing more of Abii and Peebles, probably our best at creating their own shots outside of Darius. Saw some better action with cuts from Warfield too. He ate into Venzant’s minutes tonight.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Quit your griping. We locked down on D in the second half and hit shots from everywhere. A road victory in Late February against a team that is playing quality ball right now is a blessing. Pure and simple.
By Racenut
Registration Days Posts
Nice to see Keegan regain form and Warfield maturing. Have I missed something as to why Blake Preston is not playing more? I know he was coming back from COVID and I was thinking that coach was bringing him back slowly, but he adds much to the interior game and is generally a good post option. His abscence is one of the reasons that defenses have moved the defensive perimiter further outside.
LUOrange liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I saw SumItUp on camera in the stands. Looking forward to his eyewitness account.

Speaking of which, I believe that was Chip Smith in the red Liberty t-shirt in the 2nd half.
alabama24 liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Racenut wrote: February 21st, 2022, 11:08 pm Nice to see Keegan regain form and Warfield maturing. Have I missed something as to why Blake Preston is not playing more? I know he was coming back from COVID and I was thinking that coach was bringing him back slowly, but he adds much to the interior game and is generally a good post option. His abscence is one of the reasons that defenses have moved the defensive perimiter further outside.
McKay is looking for options to create and initiate offense, so Abii is playing more. I like Shiloh in the post, too, I think he’s shown himself to be very crafty around the basket.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]