If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Not many turnovers so far tonight. And after 5 minutes into the second half it doesn’t look like we will have a lack luster half that has become common recently.
Darius having a good night….surprise surprise.

I missed the first 10 minutes of the game. Didn’t get to tune in until the baseball game was over but we’ve looked great from what I’ve seen.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I spoke too soon about playing a terrible half. The last 6 minutes or so have been pathetic.
We are still up by 1 with 56 seconds to go.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Yet again outscored and outplayed in the second half but we win.
This pattern is extremely concerning.
TH Spangler liked this
By tyndal23
It was entertaining. Respect for Stetson, gritty effort and a fun game to watch.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote: February 20th, 2022, 7:15 am It definitely is a fun team to watch. Maximum effort and DM is special. Our problem can be summed up in 3 words-NO INSIDE GAME1
Agreed. They went to a box and one on DM in the second half and went on a 13-0 run, (I think). It was a smart decision by the Stetson coach and got them back in the game. If DM doesn't make that 3 in the last couple of minutes, we lose that game. Thankfully we came away with an exciting win.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote: February 20th, 2022, 7:15 am It definitely is a fun team to watch. Maximum effort and DM is special. Our problem can be summed up in 3 words-NO INSIDE GAME1
We are a 40 percent shooting team from 3 ( top 5 in D1). Trying to force the ball inside more would be a huge mistake. Our problems right now are mostly on the defensive end. 49 in a half is not who we are, and they also hurt us badly on the offensive boards, leading to 19 second chance points.
stokesjokes, prototype liked this
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Darius is awesome, but our offense has to be able to have a few guys tat can step up, when needed. I think we do, but if Darius isn't on fire - we struggle... BUT I don't think that's our issue - it's the defensive side of the court. We just can't stop anyone from scoring anymore and it's not bigs - it's guards that can shoot.
By LU Grad 11
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: February 20th, 2022, 9:01 am
We are a 40 percent shooting team from 3 ( top 5 in D1). Trying to force the ball inside more would be a huge mistake. Our problems right now are mostly on the defensive end. 49 in a half is not who we are, and they also hurt us badly on the offensive boards, leading to 19 second chance points.
Exactly. Well said, oldflame. Offense has been great. Defense has been abysmal.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Some of the defensive problems might just be asun opponents learning to adapt to the pack line. On offence we are shooting quicker, not controlling the game clock like past seasons.

This year my biggest concern is a double digit lead with 10 mins to go :lol:
Geraldos Mustache liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: February 20th, 2022, 10:19 am Some of the defensive problems might just be asun opponents learning to adapt to the pack line. On offence we are shooting quicker, not controlling the game clock like past seasons.

This year my biggest concern is a double digit lead with 10 mins to go :lol:
Ritchie has said that we do not try to control tempo at the offensive end. If a player has what we consider to be a good look for them, they are supposed to take the shot. The exception, of course, is end of game with the lead. Speaking of which, part of the reason they were able to come back last night was the second half foul discrepancy. They were in the double bonus before we were in single, and that enabled them to be very aggressive. My video stream was down, so I can't comment on the refs.
By Geraldos Mustache
I'm sure Ritchie and the coaching staff have an understanding of what's going wrong and how to fix it. The question is, do we have the athletes and ability to execute. We are running out of time to fix it. Three regular season games remaining - then the ASUN Tournament. Anyone can win.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
The opposition is obsessed with Darius on both ends. This has altered facets of the game including tempo.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: February 20th, 2022, 7:39 pm The opposition is obsessed with Darius on both ends. This has altered facets of the game including tempo.
The opposition would be foolish not to be obsessed with Darius. Who else is going to beat you?
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]