If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Bellarmine University
Louisville, Kentucky

BU Hoops Official Site

Freedom Hall
Opened in 1956 - Seats 18,749

Scott Davenport
17th Season as BU Head Coach

2021-2022 Schedule/Results

Oct 28 - Tiffin ................................................................... W 90-87
Nov 09 - @ #7 Purdue ....................................................... L 67-96
Nov 13 - @ Murray State ................................................... L 59-78
Nov 17 - @ Saint Mary's (CA) ............................................ L 64-73
Nov 19 - @ Gonzaga ......................................................... L 50-92

Tounament in Las Vegas
Nov 22 - vs. UCLA ............................................................. L 62-75
Nov 23 - vs. Central Michigan ........................................... W 76-69

Nov 28 - Franklin College .................................................. W 75-37
Nov 30 - @ West Virginia .................................................... L 55-74
Dec 05 - Defiance College .................................................. W 92-43
Dec 09 - Asbury ................................................................. W 87-55
Dec 10 - Midway ................................................................ W 89-39
Dec 15 - @ South Dakota ................................................... L 64-78
Dec 18 - @ Miami (OH) ....................................................... W 77-68
Dec 21 - Loyola Marymount ............................................... L 57-71
Dec 29 - @ Bradley ............................................................ Cancelled
Jan 08 - Eastern Kentucky ................................................. W 66-61
Jan 11 - Central Arkansas .................................................. W 85-63
Jan 15 - @ Lipscomb ......................................................... W 77-71
Jan 18 - North Alabama ..................................................... W 68-60
Jan 22 - Jacksonville ......................................................... W 76-73
Jan 24 - @ Jacksonville State ............................................. L 60-65
Jan 27 - @ Stetson ............................................................. W 72-47
Jan 29 - @ FGCU ................................................................. W 74-63
Feb 03 - Liberty .................................................................. 8:00 PM
Feb 05 - Kennesaw State
Feb 09 - @ North Florida
Feb 12 - @ North Alabama
Feb 16 - @ Central Arkansas
Feb 20 - Jacksonville State
Feb 23 - Lipscomb
Feb 26 - @ Eastern Kentucky

Key Player

#13 Dylan Penn
6' 3" 190 lbs Senior Guard
Thru 22 Games: Averaging 17.5 Pts, 4.4 Rebs & 5.0 Assists + 50 FG%
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Bellarmine has been playing really good basketball lately and I think this could be a tough game at their place...
ballcoach15, Baybird liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote: February 1st, 2022, 11:38 am Bellarmine has been playing really good basketball lately and I think this could be a tough game at their place...
They are playing well. Based on last year, we match up well from a system standpoint. Bellermine uses less dribble penetration than any other team in D1, relying on a ton of crisp passing to get the defense off balance. It didn't work very well against the pack line, but they are well coached and will no doubt make adjustments.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Will the ghosts of Louisville Cardinals past care about haunting us to help Bellarmine? I think not.

I did check to see whether Denny Crum, Dr. Dunkenstein & Never Nervous Pervis were still alive and kickin'. As it turns out all are still with us. Sadly Wes Unseld was lost back in 2020.
By jmclaughlin
Looks like the game has been moved to a 12:30 start time (central)
Some slick stuff starting to move into Louisville
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I had no idea till the game start just popped up on my phone from ESPN.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
8 and a half minute into play and Bellarmine has managed just one 3-pointer. The pack line has the Knights squad flummoxed.

13-3 Flames nearly halfway through the 1st Half.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
19-3 run right now for Bellarmine. Their defense has been outstanding the last 5 minutes or so.

Listening to visiting team commentary is exceptionally annoying. They don't even try to pretend about neutrality.
LU 57, thesportscritic liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
McThree hits one from nearly halfcourt to tie it up at the break. His first trey of the game after a slew of misses.
By Geraldos Mustache
Liberty up by 10 early.
Now down by 6 with a minute remaining in the half. Poor performance. Not sure what happened. Flames were extinguished.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I admit that I was shocked to see the color guy looked reasonably young. His voice sounded like he was in the 70s.

Need to slip over Alan for audio if I can get it to synch up with video.
By Racenut
Registration Days Posts
What an Awesome day! Watched women's basketball win at 11:00, watched the Guys win at 1:30 and watched Malik at Senior Bowl practice on ESPN2 at 3:00! We are so fortunate to have coaches and athletes that have painted LU in such a positive light in the college sports world. As exciting as the victories are, the personalities and demeanor of every coach and athlete that shines through when ever a microphone is shoved in their face, is a light that shines into many areas that would never be reached otherwise. Despite detractors and despite the stumbling of some who have fallen short of the ideals, God has and is using Liberty in in a way few could have imagined in 1971. What a joy to be involved in His work, even a small way.
By LU 57
Sly Fox wrote: February 3rd, 2022, 3:08 pm 19-3 run right now for Bellarmine. Their defense has been outstanding the last 5 minutes or so.

Listening to visiting team commentary is exceptionally annoying. They don't even try to pretend about neutrality.
They were brutal. Really wanted to win by 16+ after one of them made a comment about there being no way there would be that much separation this game.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]