If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Florida Gulf Coast University
Fort Myers, Florida

FGCU Hoops Official Site

Alico Arena
Opened in 2002 - Seats 4500

Michael Fly
4th Season as FGCU Head Coach

2021-2022 Schedule/Results

Nov 09 - Florida National ............................................... W, 94-57
Nov 13 - @ Loyola (IL) ..................................................... L, 77-89
Nov 16 - #25 USC ............................................................. L, 61-78
Nov 21 - Eckerd ............................................................... W, 99-59
Nov 23 - Rhode Island ..................................................... W, 67-66

FGCU Invitational
Nov 26 - Western Michigan .............................................. W, 77-67
Nov 27 - Southeastern Louisiana .................................... W, 90-71
Nov 28 - Purdue Fort Wayne ............................................ W, 85-78

Dec 01 - @ FIU .................................................................. L, 61-77
Dec 04 - Dartmouth ......................................................... W, 78-68 OT
Dec 07 - @ Florida A&M .................................................... W, 69-55
Dec 11 - @ Robert Morris (PA) .......................................... W, 85-74
Dec 19 - Mercer ................................................................ W, 67-55
Dec 22 - @ Canisius .......................................................... L 90-97 OT
Jan 05 - North Florida ...................................................... W, 74-67
Jan 08 - @ Jacksonville .................................................... L, 66-69
Jan 13 - @ Kennesaw State ............................................... L 53-77
Jan 15 - Liberty ................................................................. 7:00 pm ET
Jan 18 - @ Stetson
Jan 22 - @ Jacksonville State
Jan 27 - Eastern Kentucky
Jan 29 - Bellarmine
Feb 03 - @ Central Arkansas
Feb 05 - @ Lipscomb
Feb 09 - North Alabama
Feb 12 - Stetson
Feb 16 - Kennesaw State
Feb 19 - @ North Florida
Feb 23 - @ Liberty
Feb 26 - Jacksonville

Key Player

#5 Tavian Dunn-Martin
5' 8" 155 lbs Super Senior Point Guard - Transfer from Akron & Duquesne
Thru 15 Games: Averaging 19.9 Pts, 3.0 Rebs & 6.0 Assists + 48-of-125 (38.4%) on 3-Pt Attempts
jmclaughlin liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
This will be a tough game to win I believe. Hard to tell too much about them with the strength of schedule but playing at FGCU won't be easy. Will be a good win if we come out on top.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: January 13th, 2022, 3:42 pm This will be a tough game to win I believe. Hard to tell too much about them with the strength of schedule but playing at FGCU won't be easy. Will be a good win if we come out on top.
I think FGCU's early record was a bit of fools gold. KSU just put a 77-53 beatdown on them. Prior to today, the Owls were 1-8 against D1 opponents. FGCU is now 1-2 in the ASUN, having also lost to Jacksonville.
By jmclaughlin
Fun matchup alert: Tavian Dunn-Martin v Darius McGee. Both under 5-9 and both are leading their squad in scoring (Dunn-Martin is at 20 per) and is very similar in style to Darius.
It will be interesting to see if they guard each other or if LU sticks Venzant with the assignment to keep McGee's legs fresh on O.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jmclaughlin wrote: January 14th, 2022, 12:45 pm Fun matchup alert: Tavian Dunn-Martin v Darius McGee. Both under 5-9 and both are leading their squad in scoring (Dunn-Martin is at 20 per) and is very similar in style to Darius.
It will be interesting to see if they guard each other or if LU sticks Venzant with the assignment to keep McGee's legs fresh on O.
I suspect Venzant will get that assignment. I think his combination of length and athleticism can cause more problems for Martin-Dunn. That means Darius will need to guard a bigger player. He is used to that, but Cyrus Largie would be a tough matchup. Could go either way, and the matchups may not end up the way they start.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Any word on anybody missing today’s game from either side with COVID issues?
I haven’t seen any.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
It appears all is well. I was worried about Covid issues because the tv coverage showed a starting 5 that included Peebles, McKay, and Burggraf. But that was completely wrong so no worries.
By Racenut
Registration Days Posts
Can anyone fill me in as where Blake Preston is? Drove up to the game last Tuesday and heard nothing and see he is not on TV tonight.
By lueer
Registration Days Posts
I think Preston is out with Covid.

Got dominated inside that half. Going to be lucky if we get out of here with a win. Doesn’t look good.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Horrific first half. Being dominated in the paint. We have no answer offensively or defensively for their big guy (Samuel I think) and what seems to be the norm for this team too many turnovers.
By LU Grad 11
Registration Days Posts
Down 9 at the half. Robinson is the bright spot. Defense is looking subpar. Discussion of potential tournament seeding is a moot point if we play like this. Have to perform better on the road.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
lueer wrote: January 15th, 2022, 8:43 pm I think Preston is out with Covid.

Got dominated inside that half. Going to be lucky if we get out of here with a win. Doesn’t look good.
I’ll be very surprised if we win this one. Hope I’m wrong though.
By LU 57
How about their coach getting caught on camera complaining about a touch foul against McGhee, “He’s not Jordan”? I think he only was in the 20s at that point…
LU Grad 11, stokesjokes liked this
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]