If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: January 16th, 2022, 1:00 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: January 16th, 2022, 12:41 pm I'd like to see Abii start a game and get about 30-35 minutes, just to see what he can do for a full game.
No. Especially now that we are in conference play. Not the time to "experiment", and why would you think he would be better playing more minutes?
If Abii had started and played 30 minutes last night, that would have been an L. The 10 minutes he did play almost cost us the game as it was.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
The thing is, Abii has games where he looks like he deserves those minutes. I think his main issue is between the ears. He’s got the talent, just seems like he lacks the judgment and awareness to know when to do what.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: January 16th, 2022, 1:38 pm The thing is, Abii has games where he looks like he deserves those minutes. I think his main issue is between the ears. He’s got the talent, just seems like he lacks the judgment and awareness to know when to do what.
Agreed. He plays out of control at times.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: January 16th, 2022, 12:01 pm
Kricket wrote: January 16th, 2022, 11:37 am First off, one of the most amazing performances I've seen from McGhee. No way we win that game without McGhee's performance.

Venzant will be much less heralded, but if FGCU had Venzant, McGhee maybe scores 20 and not 48.

Offensively it's hard to tell what we got with some of the younger players since they don't shoot much. Some of that is they don't have confidence and some of it is deferring to McGhee. I also think McGhee is serviceable on D but not really amazing due to his height.

Next year it will take time to establish an identity on offense but I think we will be fine. I'm a little down on Abii. He seems to play out of control offensively. I'm not sure he'll ever come around fully. Venzant and Peebles I think will both be really good offensively by the end of their careers. Shiloh probably could score even more with more chances, but I don't really think we find out until next year.
Abii had a truly awful night. As far as Shiloh or any of our other current inside players getting increased minutes next year, I would say it's unlikely. We have Noone leaving, 2 signees coming in, and Spell coming off redshirt.
Yes, what I said was increased offensive opportunities, not minutes.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 16th, 2022, 12:41 pm I'd like to see Abii start a game and get about 30-35 minutes, just to see what he can do for a full game.
Here you go again thinking that game time is when we “figure things out”. No, no, no. Coaches are in practice every day. Their livelihood depends on the team’s performance. If Abii can help, he can prove it in practice, and he will play.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: January 16th, 2022, 3:41 pm
Here you go again thinking that game time is when we “figure things out”. No, no, no. Coaches are in practice every day. Their livelihood depends on the team’s performance. If Abii can help, he can prove it in practice, and he will play.
You know who would know something like that….someone who coached
By LUOrange
Yesterday was an ideal game for Preston, except of course for that whole Rona thing... But we needed his size and play vs FGCU's bigs. Abii is just too sloppy right now. Hopefully, he cleans his game up more as he progresses.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]