If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Boyce College
Louisville, Kentucky

Boyce Hoops Official Site

Private Institution
Undergrad School of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
Enrollment: 1,235
Athletic Affiliation: NCCAA

Michael McCarty
5th Season as Boyce Head Coach

2021-2022 Schedule/Results

Grace Classic at Wyoming, MI
Nov 05 - vs. Great Lakes Christian .................................... L, 89-86
Nov 06 - @ Grace Christian (MI) ........................................ W, 72-63

Nov 15 - @ Spalding ......................................................... L, 70-63

NCAA Tip-off Classic
Nov 19 - Toccoa Falls ........................................................ L, 95-91
Nov 20 - Trinity Baptist ..................................................... W, 71-65

Nov 23 - @ Berea .............................................................. L, 81-72
Dec 01 - @ Appalachian State
Dec 04 - @ Asbury ............................................................. L, 78-71
Dec 31 - @ Liberty ............................................................. 1 PM CT

Key Player

Tyler Nauert
6' 2" Junior Guard
Thru 7 Games: Averaging 16.6 Pts, 3.9 Rebs & 2.0 Assists + 17-of-36 (47.2%) on 3-Pt Attempts
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Free tickets - I have 8 tickets that are available for this game. 6 are in the club section row 5 and 2 are front row in the "corner" behind the bench. If you're interested, send me a private message.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Good to see 6 players in double figures. If Venzant had scored 2 more, it would have been 7.

Most of Ole men's club was in attendance.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
First of all thank you to @SumItUp for graciously extending these tickets to Mrs Purple and myself. It was good to get her out of the asylum.
Secondly it’s rare but @ballcoach15 is right. The concessions situation is atrocious. The line was over 50 deep at the end of half time. Also, how do they not have an apparel shop open I have no idea. Mrs Purple and I easily would have dropped serious coin on some of those team pullovers the staff was wearing. Or those coaching shirts. The basketball team has some really sweet gear.
Now to the game
How has Boyce only won 1 game? For the Division they play at the are very talented. #4 #11 and #33 plus the big fella in the middle would be formidable.
Darius is a special player. He has an “It” about him. He is a lot tinier than I thought he was and that’s gonna hurt him at the next level. But he can have an extremely lucrative career in Europe or Asia no doubt
Preston has skipped leg day a few times
Venzant is a great example of what it takes to play for RMK. He has a lot of potential. Tons of athleticism and go. Could probably be a nice complimentary scorer for Darius. But his defense was lacking. If you don’t play RMK Defense, you don’t play
I noticed they were working on up tempo offense which I think was a great adjustment going in to the next phase of the season. With the dearth of scoring options in the half court outside Darius getting some cheap easy ones is a great idea. But it’s something you gotta practice. It was an interesting twist.
Peebles takes too long to get his shot off.
We were disappointed that Abii wasn’t in uniform. He’s one of Mrs Purples favorites.
Whatever it takes to keep RMK LU needs to do it. That guy is a treasure
LU 57, flamehunter, ballcoach15 and 1 others liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: December 31st, 2021, 7:53 pm How is the atmosphere at the new arena when it's only half full? Still better than the vines center?
Great Question!
Light years ahead of the Vines. You put that crowd in there and no one would notice. With most not even sitting down but standing around the “track” up top making an already small crowd look anemic. You could actually hear the crowd when they made noise and they were kinda into it.
Funny side note. The doors to get in were locked. Literally no one could get in…until some intrepid young man pushed the Handicapped button and the door opened and it was propped open
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 31st, 2021, 5:36 pm
Peebles takes too long to get his shot off.
Noticing the same thing. Too much wasted motion. Is he quicker & more efficient off-the-dribble? Don't know? Hope he is? Very talented for sure. You don't quit on talent. Needs work though.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]