If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Ill flame
Doesn't seem like much of a loss to me. I wouldn't mind seeing one or two more try to find playing time elsewhere. I also wouldn't be suprised if the caliber of players we start getting will go up since we are joining a significantly better conference.
Last edited by Ill flame on December 27th, 2021, 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts

Not at all surprising. Look for at least one more to join him. I'd say it's about a 50% chance he ends up at
Trevecca Nazarine, although he may get some D1 interest.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: December 27th, 2021, 9:27 pm

Not at all surprising. Look for at least one more to join him. I'd say it's about a 50% chance he ends up at
Trevecca Nazarine, although he may get some D1 interest.
Don't see him as a D1 player.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I wonder if anyone else did last year, and it changed this year? Or if that’s always been the opinion?
By jmclaughlin
It always feels like a bad thing when players transfer out but I am sure Dobbs leaves with utmost respect for RM and the program. This is a great sign of what is coming!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: December 28th, 2021, 8:57 am I wonder if anyone else did last year, and it changed this year? Or if that’s always been the opinion?
Drake was a 3 star recruit with multiple D1 offers (would have had more had he not committed to us so early). He was our backup PG last year and played in every game as a true FR. He got recruited over. That doesn't mean there is not a low major program out there that would want to have him.
LU 57, Baybird, flamehunter and 2 others liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
No need to assuage any of this. Poise and confidence are byproducts of personal preparation. Everyone has to push themselves to get better. DD will need to reevaluate his entire offseason approach. As it stands now, he transfers down, and builds himself up from there. Seems like a good guy. Wish him the best.
Purple Haize liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Didn't take Drake long to find a landing spot, just a stone's throw from home.

St. Thomas is transitioning directly from D3 to D1, and will be joining the Summit league, and the Patriot for football. Pretty sure he will be eligible immediately.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Closer to home as well
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]