If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

LU Grad 11 wrote: December 23rd, 2021, 8:03 pm
Purple Haize wrote: December 23rd, 2021, 7:32 pm Free
Throws
71.4% good guys
63% cardinal

Play Basketball
LU hits some of those FTs early in the second half and extends their lead things look different
Purple Haize wrote: December 23rd, 2021, 8:08 pm
LU Grad 11 wrote: December 23rd, 2021, 8:03 pm
Purple Haize wrote: December 23rd, 2021, 7:32 pm Free
Throws
71.4% good guys
63% cardinal

Play Basketball
LU hits some of those FTs early in the second half and extends their lead things look different
Defensive collapse at the end of the first half really hurt. Had a 13 point lead.
For those that didn't see the game, at the end of the first half, the Stanford player hit a 3-pointer from way beyond half court. If he would have missed that unlikely shot, LU would have played Stanford EVEN at 76 all. :shock:
This is definitely a rebuilding year for us. Fortunately we are in one of the weakest conferences in the country so we may still be dancing in March. Hopefully some of these younger guys start figuring out how to score or we will struggle next year also.

Also what happened with the two technicals? I didn't get to watch the game.
Cider Jim wrote: December 23rd, 2021, 8:57 pm For those that didn't see the game, at the end of the first half, the Stanford player hit a 3-pointer from way beyond half court. If he would have missed that unlikely shot, LU would have played Stanford EVEN at 76 all. :shock:
Great shot though. Perfect form.

Having guards miss so many FTs down the stretch really hurts. The guard play aside from McGhee is concerning. Gotta be able to score and make plays in crunch time. Really no excuse for that.
Ill flame wrote: December 23rd, 2021, 8:59 pm This is definitely a rebuilding year for us. Fortunately we are in one of the weakest conferences in the country so we may still be dancing in March. Hopefully some of these younger guys start figuring out how to score or we will struggle next year also.

Also what happened with the two technicals? I didn't get to watch the game.
We'll compete for an automatic bid. We're definitely in the conversation. Probably looking at a 15 seed this time though.
I think maybe Robinson had one of T's but not sure on the other. I do remember us missing a ton of layups, which also cost us the game--even McGhee missed a few contested layups.
Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]