If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

University of Northern Iowa
Cedar Falls, Iowa

UNI Hoops Official Site

Ben Jacobson
16th Season as UNI Head Coach

2021-2022 Schedule/Results

NOV 09 - NICHOLLS STATE ........................................... L, 58-62
NOV 11 - VERMONT ...................................................... L, 57-71
NOV 14 - DUBUQUE ..................................................... W, 95-58
NOV 17 - @ #16 ARKANSAS ........................................... L, 80-93
NOV 27 - @ #16 ST. BONAVENTURE .............................. W, 90-80
DEC 01 - @ BRADLEY .................................................... L, 69-71
DEC 05 - RICHMOND ..................................................... L, 52-60
DEC 14 - JACKSON STATE ............................................. W, 66-56
DEC 18 - @ MARSHALL ................................................. W, 75-60

DIAMOND HEAD CLASSIC in HONOLULU
DEC 22 - vs. LIBERTY .................................................... ESPNU

Top Player

#4 A.J. Green
6' 4" 190 lbs Junior Guard
Thru 9 Games: Averaging 18.7 Pts, 4.0 Rebs & 2.1 Assists + 32-of-81 (39.5%) on 3-Pt Attempts
These next 3 games will tell us a ton about this team. Can they put 3 solid games together? Does the D travel? Can someone other than Darius carry us on O? Do they have a winning mentality?

Some good, fun matchup possibility's too!
A win, albeit a frustrating one. Just cant make that many mistakes down the stretch and let a team back in it. Missed free throws and non sense turnovers are the norm with this team. I am not sure how McKay keeps his cool. Winning a game shooting 45% from the free throw line is a rarity.
Wipe the slate and do it again tomorrow!
Geraldos Mustache liked this
There were some stretches in this game where our offense looked unstoppable. We have potential here if we can harness it. I trust McKay’s team to keep getting better and to be a really tough out come tourney time.

Abii and Shiloh are making our frontcourt, which looked like a weakness coming into this year, into a strength.
jmclaughlin liked this
There are times when we look like an absolute juggernaut on offense with everyone in rhythm and everything clicking but then we’ll turn the ball over 5 times on 6 possessions and I’m left wondering how we’ve won at all. Anyway we won and avoided a terrible collapse and that’s all that matters.
Northern Iowa had the chance to win it with a contested long 3 ball, but thank God they missed the shot with an air ball, and we didn't foul them (again). :pray
ballcoach15 liked this
ballcoach15 wrote: December 22nd, 2021, 8:19 pm Was this game on radio ? I couldn't find it.
Not sure about radio, but it was televised on ESPNU. I watched the whole game from my living room.
Cider Jim wrote: December 22nd, 2021, 9:10 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 22nd, 2021, 8:19 pm Was this game on radio ? I couldn't find it.
Not sure about radio, but it was televised on ESPNU. I watched the whole game from my living room.
It was on the radio. I don't recall now for sure but I think it was on 107.5. AY broadcasted from Liberty Arena while watching the video feed.
Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]