If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
East Carolina University
Greenville, North Carolina

ECU Hoops Official Site

Joe Dooley
4th Season as ECU Head Coach

2021-2022 Schedule/Results

NOV 09 - SOUTH CAROLINA STATE ......................................... W, 70-62
NOV 12 - CANISIUS .................................................................. W, 83-71
NOV 14 - WESTERN CAROLINA ................................................ W, 95-79

MYRTLE BEACH INVITATIONAL in CONWAY, SC
NOV 18 - vs. OKLAHOMA ......................................................... L, 74-79
NOV 19 - vs. OLD DOMINION ................................................... W, 73-60
NOV 21 - vs. DAVIDSON ........................................................... L, 67-76

NOV 27 - COPPIN STATE ........................................................... W, 70-68
NOV 30 - OLD DOMINION ......................................................... W, 63-62
DEC 04 - GARDNER-WEBB ........................................................ W, 62-52
DEC 07 - NORTH CAROLINA A&T ............................................... W 82-71

BASKETBALL HALL OF FAME SHOOTOUT in CHARLOTTE
DEC 17 - vs. LIBERTY

Key Player

#2 Tristen Newton
6' 5" 190 lbs Sophomore Guard
In 10 Games Played: Averaging 17.2 Pts, 3.7 Rebs & 5.1 Assists + 19-of-49 (38.8%) on 3-Pt Attempts
By Dalegarz1
This will be an interesting game. They gave Oklahoma and Davidson a tough time. How far have we progressed since the beginning of the season? It's early but we should see a steadying of the ship including the rotation utilized by RM.
By LUOrange
I was hoping to go to this game in lieu of the Nowl Game, but it's Friday afternoon at 1:30. Who the heck schedules these games and expects people to attend!? Especially since it's a neutral site too. :roll:
By Racenut
Registration Days Posts
Should be a real test. ECU is much better than last year, even with their best player, Jaylen Gardner transferring to UVA. Much more athletic and physical. I've seen them several times on TV and seen LU live three times. It will be a challenge to match their physicality with our very talented, but still maturing young guys. Would have liked to stop by Charlotte on the way to Mobile, but you have to buy an all-day ticket for $150 that gives you admission to all four games. Boss says no to $300 and I can't refuse since she is going with me to the Bowl game.
Sly Fox, Baybird, LUOrange liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Racenut wrote: December 16th, 2021, 1:15 am Boss says no to $300 and I can't refuse since she is going with me to the Bowl game.
With all due respect, one of my pet peeves in life is when guys refer to their wives as "boss." Hand her $150 and let her go shopping at the mall with her half of the money!
By Racenut
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 16th, 2021, 7:37 am
Racenut wrote: December 16th, 2021, 1:15 am Boss says no to $300 and I can't refuse since she is going with me to the Bowl game.
With all due respect, one of my pet peeves in life is when guys refer to their wives as "boss." Hand her $150 and let her go shopping at the mall with her half of the money!
LOL!, Great advice from an Old Sage. However, after 31 years of putting up with me, she has ingrained in me a small amount of common sense that was triggered when two game tickets were priced almost as much as both of our season tickets combined.
After reading to her your response, I'm afraid you have set the tone for our ten hour trek to Mobile today. She is appalled that she would be stereotyped as a wife appeased so cheaply. Thank you so much for your words of wisdom!
Baybird, LUOrange liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Men take their wives to bowl games (in the rain)? I thought those were guys-only weekends! :oldhag :oldhag
If my math is correct, I've been married 35 years, and the only bowl game Mrs. Cider attended was when we went to the Sun Bowl in 1984 as single grad students.
By Racenut
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 16th, 2021, 10:09 am Men take their wives to bowl games (in the rain)? I thought those were guys-only weekends! :oldhag :oldhag
If my math is correct, I've been married 35 years, and the only bowl game Mrs. Cider attended was when we went to the Sun Bowl in 1984 as single grad students.
Got many guy friends, just one wife, and she loves to go anywhere with me. To show you what a gem she is, we will get back from Mobile, spend Christmas with the family, then load up for Annapolis the 26th and take a daughter and her friend to the Military Bowl. Yahtzee!
Sly Fox, Baybird, SumItUp and 1 others liked this
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 16th, 2021, 7:37 am With all due respect, one of my pet peeves in life is when guys refer to their wives as "boss." Hand her $150 and let her go shopping at the mall with her half of the money!
One of my pet peeves is when guys try to buy off their wives! :lol:

(I generally agree with you on the "boss" thing).
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: December 17th, 2021, 12:48 am
Cider Jim wrote: December 16th, 2021, 7:37 am With all due respect, one of my pet peeves in life is when guys refer to their wives as "boss." Hand her $150 and let her go shopping at the mall with her half of the money!

I prefer it when she tries to buy me off!
alabama24 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 17th, 2021, 8:03 am
alabama24 wrote: December 17th, 2021, 12:48 am

I prefer it when she tries to buy me off!
And I don’t even need money to be bought off.
SumItUp liked this

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Some statistics

Our RPI is quite a bit higher than those rankings.[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?

G5 Playoff Only

We DO NOT want this. This is Division 1AA all ove[…]