If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Iona College
New Rochelle, New York

Iona Hoops Official Site

Rick Pitino
2nd Season as Gaels Head Coach

2021-2022 Schedule/Results

NOV 09 - APP STATE .............................................. W 65-53
NOV 13 - HARVARD ................................................ W 90-87 OT
NOV 16 - HOFSTRA ................................................ W 82-74

2021 MAAC-ASUN CHALLENGE
NOV 19 - vs. LIBERTY .............................................. 5:00 PM
NOV 20 - vs. NORTH ALABAMA .............................. 8:30 PM

Key Player

#23 Nelly Joseph Jr.
6' 9" 240 lbs Sophomore Forward from Nigeria
Thru 3 Games: Averaging 17.3 Pts, 5.0 Rebs & 1.3 Assists + 63 FG%

#25 Tyson Jolly
6' 4" 205 lbs Senior Guard (SMU Transfer)
Thru 3 Games: Averaging 18.7 Pts, 3.7 Rebs & 3 Assists + 51.3 FG% + 44.4% on 3ptrs
Rick Pitino. My....how the mighty have fallen

Seriously though, the true sports fan might be getting crowded out by all the endless Save71 clutter. Malcontents at any institution could focus and post like this. The vast majority of it doesn't seem to be an accurate description of anything.
I'm looking forward to this one, should be a good matchup. Another good early season test for this squad, I'll be paying close attention to the 2 youngsters Vensant & Peebles we'll need 1 or both of them to show up in order to guarantee this W. K Rode and McGhee obviously need strong showings, but i'm confident they will game in and game out. Should be a fun one! Play Basketball
Sly Fox wrote: November 17th, 2021, 12:18 pm So we have a game with Slick Rick and his 3-0 Iona squad and it doesn't even generate one thought. Seriously?
Most Liberty athletic events don't generate much thought. Now if someone had posted about some greasy spoon eating place near the game venue, it would have generated several pages worth of posts.
ballcoach15 wrote: November 18th, 2021, 10:39 am
Sly Fox wrote: November 17th, 2021, 12:18 pm So we have a game with Slick Rick and his 3-0 Iona squad and it doesn't even generate one thought. Seriously?
Most Liberty athletic events don't generate much thought. Now if someone had posted about some greasy spoon eating place near the game venue, it would have generated several pages worth of posts.
Well... the game is in Orlando. Not much to do around there 8)
By LU 57
ballcoach15 wrote: November 18th, 2021, 10:39 am
🤣Zing

I will have to record it as my son’s playoff game is down in Chesapeake at Oscar Smith👀. Will need a flawless performance to be in it.

Anyway, I noticed the ESPN BPI only gives us a ~43% chance to beat Iona. Cannot stomach the thought of losing to Pitino. I hope the guys have their A-game.

They are much longer than I expected. 7 guys 6’8” and taller including a 7-footer. As others have said length has been our Kryptonite; however I cannot see them being as athletic as LSU.

Will definitely be a test though.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
From one half I saw earlier this year: Every bit as athletic across the board as LSU, and their big man is a BEAST. Goes to WORK. I haven’t seen them shoot the ball like LSU did when they got hot. And I thought LSU one guard was a better talent than anyone I’ve seen on Iona.

I think THE ESPN BPI number is about right.

If LU can shoot well from beyond the arc, that’ll be a big difference maker in this one. I don’t think Iona will like the pack.
LU 57 liked this
I’m sure someone will know better than me but this is the first I can remember any sport wearing light blue…is that right?
For all you basketball purists, our defensive rotations and balance is beautiful! Good shooting teams may get the best of us switching low, primarily, but for teams that struggle beyond the arc, it will be a long night.
Halftime thoughts:

1. I like DJ Moore at point.
2. Shot selection and offensive flow were sketchy the last 10 min. Youth is partly to blame. We will get better.
3. We just need a little more poise. Relax.
ALAFlamesFan wrote: November 19th, 2021, 6:52 pm Halftime thoughts:

1. I like DJ Moore at point.
2. Shot selection and offensive flow were sketchy the last 10 min. Youth is partly to blame. We will get better.
3. We just need a little more poise. Relax.
Agreed. Can't redshirt Moore. We need him as a ball handler this year. Robinson has not been impressive thus far. Maybe give Abii some run?
We need another go to besides Darius. We will find one but hard to tell who it will be yet. I think we will be good by February but we are not in sync yet at this point in the year.
Election 2022 and 2024

A congresswoman from a blue state gets you nothi[…]

Some statistics

Sometimes coaches will try to implement a philosop[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution,[…]

DOE Report

Gotta love presidential election season :roll: