If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Well, guess who got the starting lineup right....................... NOBODY!

McGhee
McDowell
Rode
Preston
Robinson

Biggest lineup we have started in a looooooooooooooooong time. Rode and McDowell will be the secondary ball handlers.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Liked what I saw outta the new kids.
Hard to tell against that level of comp tho
And student section reppping ASOR on the tees. Nice move 👍🏼
JK37 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
No sign of Ballcoach. My source said he may have been on a date.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
The 24 points allowed was an all time low for Liberty at all levels.

Obviously, things get a LOT tougher Monday. LSU just put a similar beat-down on LA Monroe. The Warhawks may not be very good, but they are a D1 team.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Possibly the only disappointing performance came from Shiloh Robinson. 0-3 from the line and missed a dunk. Also 2 turnovers and no assists.
Last edited by olldflame on November 12th, 2021, 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
By LU Grad 11
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: November 12th, 2021, 8:21 am Possibly the only disappointing performance came from Shiloh Robinson. 0-3 from the line and missed a dunk.
Jonathan Jackson was also underwhelming (0-5 from the field). Venzant looks to be the real deal. Team speed is much better. Again, think we're going to need Abii and his athleticism against high major teams. Hopefully McKay's leash won't be as short for him this year. I remember the days when we struggled against teams like this. Go Flames!
ballcoach15 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LU Grad 11 wrote: November 12th, 2021, 8:50 am
olldflame wrote: November 12th, 2021, 8:21 am Possibly the only disappointing performance came from Shiloh Robinson. 0-3 from the line and missed a dunk.
Jonathan Jackson was also underwhelming (0-5 from the field). Venzant looks to be the real deal. Team speed is much better. Again, think we're going to need Abii and his athleticism against high major teams. Hopefully McKay's leash won't be as short for him this year. I remember the days when we struggled against teams like this. Go Flames!
I would love to see Abii step up and contribute, but what does Blake Preston have to do for people to stop looking for his replacement? It's looking like Jonathan may be the odd man out in the fight for minutes right now, but at least the shots he was missing were 3s, not dunks and FTs. I'm a big Shiloh fan, and he adds a lot to the team, but he actually has a bit of a history with the missed dunk thing, and he needs to fix that.
flamehunter liked this
By LU Grad 11
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: November 12th, 2021, 9:05 am
LU Grad 11 wrote: November 12th, 2021, 8:50 am
I would love to see Abii step up and contribute, but what does Blake Preston have to do for people to stop looking for his replacement?
Who's looking for his replacement? Preston is a great player. Just think it's hard to keep Abii on the bench for entire games, due to his athleticism.
ballcoach15 liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: November 12th, 2021, 9:05 am what does Blake Preston have to do for people to stop looking for his replacement?
Maybe he should try shooting some 3s :wink:
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
I loved seeing McGhee at the point. I think it makes our offense insanely dynamic. He looked like he might be an even better shooter this year which is very hard to believe.

Peebles flashed, but Venzant looks like this might be his team if he can hit those outside shots consistently.

I want Jackson to start knocking down shots because we've heard about his shooting but it hasn't seemed to materialize yet.

Shiloh will be ok. I think he was underutilized last year. Give him more reps and he'll be solid.

Kyle Rhode is an amazing glue guy as we all know. Love having him on the team.

Obviously Preston is key to our team with his size and strength. Can't do it without him.

Abii showed a lot of flashes, particularly on that one drive to the basket near the end of the game.

This team is gonna be fun to watch for years to come. Love their chemistry and unselfishness. It's gonna be a great year of Play Basketball Play Basketball Play Basketball
Last edited by Kricket on November 12th, 2021, 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baybird liked this
By Geraldos Mustache
I'm totally stoked that this was 4000+ in attendance. That's a sell out! So exciting.

For anyone who was there, please describe the atmosphere. What does that place sound/feel like when a big play happens?
Kricket, Ill flame liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The only painful part of the game for me was watching McDowell miss his first 3 shots from behind the arc, but then he made his next two 3-balls.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Just remember that fine academic institution, L[…]

DOE Report

Looks like the DOE is getting warmed up... Gra[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]