If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Tlangmcs
Any updates or coverage from Puerto Rico? Interested to see what this new group looks like.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Tlangmcs wrote: August 7th, 2021, 3:03 pm Any updates or coverage from Puerto Rico? Interested to see what this new group looks like.
Played the Puerto Rican national team today. Based on the scoreboard in one of these pics, we were up by 3 in the 2nd quarter. Pretty sure Georgie was playing for PR.

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: August 7th, 2021, 8:14 pm So the Twitter feed is calling this a “foreign tour,” but the first article I found says that Puerto Rico wouldn’t count as a foreign tour bc it’s a US territory (https://bustingbrackets.com/2019/08/07/ ... urs-teams/).

Aren’t we only allowed one foreign tour every 4 years? Does this count as ours or no?
When you fly into the San Juan airport from anywhere overseas, there is a huge sign at the entrance to immigration that says "Welcome to the United States of America". They may call it a "foreign trip" in their twitter feed, but this trip won't count against their 1-every-4-years allotment.
stokesjokes liked this
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Heres the 2nd half of the game we played. They streamed it on FB and on Youtube. We won 83-74

I don't know who started the game but Ritchie went with Mcghee, Peebles, Rodes, Robinson and Preston to start the half.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote: August 8th, 2021, 2:04 am Heres the 2nd half of the game we played. They streamed it on FB and on Youtube. We won 83-74

https://www.facebook.com/LigaLBPOficial ... 7353118890

I don't know who started the game but Ritchie went with Mcghee, Peebles, Rodes, Robinson and Preston to start the half.
Thanks for posting that. Looks like they were playing against an all-star team, and based on the video and the pics on twitter it looks like we actually had 2 games, using somewhat of a split squad. Rode looked really good in that half. Made his shots and some nice passes, handling the ball quite a bit.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
All returning players except one, which could be an early hint that Peebles might jump Dobbs here, which wouldn’t be entirely unexpected.

In absence of a proven PG, it would be nice to see the ball in Rode’s hands more this year. He seems like the steadiest guy on the team.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Dobbs, McDowell, Abii, Warfield and Moore did not play at all in that half. I think they played in the other game, along with some players who split time in both like Venzant, Jackson and Spell.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]