If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: October 4th, 2021, 9:03 am The commitment of Colin Porter, who is a true pass-first PG, could work in our favor in recruiting GWIII. It would solidify his role as being primarily a scorer.
Perhaps. I don't know enough to say if he prefers to have the ball in his hands more or if he likes to play off the ball.

I feel like us landing a kid like this could change Liberty basketball the same way that Malik is changing football. Maybe too much pressure, but the reality is, if he's not into being the face of the program he isn't coming to Liberty. It's gotta be something he embraces, and hopefully it excites him!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I am loving that he is visiting not only for the whole weekend but at a time when there should be a buzz from Homecoming throughout the weekend across campus. A full house in the stadium would be great as well.

I agree with Olldflame that a distributor from across the state that he may know from summer ball is not going to be an impediment. Honestly prospects like this aren't swayed often by who else is coming unless they know the other kids.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
We're definitely in the mix. Mostly because of McKay. RM is not only a players coach, but a shooter's best friend. Huge green light for this guy. Perfect form, quick release, nice arch & touch. Echoes of Seth.

Will a major program value him as much as Ritchie? They could. We'll see. Most coaches undervalue shooting and TBH don't understand it. So, we have that in our favor as well.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: October 5th, 2021, 9:01 am We're definitely in the mix. Mostly because of McKay. RM is not only a players coach, but a shooter's best friend. Huge green light for this guy. Perfect form, quick release, nice arch & touch. Echoes of Seth.

Will a major program value him as much as Ritchie? They could. We'll see. Most coaches undervalue shooting and TBH don't understand it. So, we have that in our favor as well.
He's not just a shooter. Kid has crazy hops.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Good all around player. Exceptionally skilled shooter. As far as where he lands, he's gotta find the right fit. Hopefully it's here. McKay is an asset who helps players ascend to the next level.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: October 10th, 2021, 4:56 pm 2 younger brothers?
Offerem all. 8)
It worked for Coach Green when he signed the triplets. :shock:
jmclaughlin, LUOrange liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: October 5th, 2021, 1:02 pm
paradox wrote: October 5th, 2021, 9:01 am We're definitely in the mix. Mostly because of McKay. RM is not only a players coach, but a shooter's best friend. Huge green light for this guy. Perfect form, quick release, nice arch & touch. Echoes of Seth.

He's not just a shooter. Kid has crazy hops.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ASOR landed an interview with GWIII following his visit. Positive would be an understatement, but he is also holding some things close to the vest, including his timetable for committing (he basically doesn't have one).
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I have watched a good bit of video on all 3 of them, and I think GWIII's game could be described as a combination of Brody Peebles and Joseph Venzant. I'm disappointed he probably won't be a Flame, but also totally amped that both Brody and Joseph are.

I would also add that next year we will have 2 players on our roster who were originally committed to other teams, and (unless he reclassifies) GWIII is over a year away from his signing date. Lots of things could happen between now and then.
Sly Fox liked this
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]