If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

These are the top-5 projected 1st round matchups for Liberty...

Oklahoma State – 15 brackets
Texas – 10 brackets
Villanova – 8 brackets
Florida State – 7 brackets
Virginia – 7 brackets
West Virginia – 7 brackets

Which team would be the BEST matchup for Liberty?
Which team would be the WORST matchup for Liberty?
Worst would be Virginia, because Richie McKay has turned us in Virginia-lite.

As far as Bracketology, ESPN has us as a 13 seed v. Oklahoma State. The projected 5/12 matchup includes Winthrop as the 12 seed. It is an incredible long shot, but I would love to meet Winthrop in the second round for old time's sake.
jimflamesfan liked this
ATrain wrote: March 10th, 2021, 9:14 am Worst would be Virginia, because Richie McKay has turned us in Virginia-lite.

As far as Bracketology, ESPN has us as a 13 seed v. Oklahoma State. The projected 5/12 matchup includes Winthrop as the 12 seed. It is an incredible long shot, but I would love to meet Winthrop in the second round for old time's sake.
That would be extremely cool. Winthrop really hasn't beaten anyone of note on the way to their gaudy record, but I do believe they are legit.
BEST/WORST are the same for me for different reasons:
UVa--love them but know it would be a tough match up. :shock:
WVU--hate them and would love to beat them! :furious
I don't know anything about Oklahoma State basketball. No clue how we match up with them. They played TCU twice and lost both times by a total of 4 points. When Liberty played TCU, we lost by 4. I suppose that's promising.

I always like our chances with the slow-down offense which controls the pace of play, the "extra pass" discipline to get that better shot, the tough defense which keeps opponents scoring down. It's a good brand of basketball.
Geraldos Mustache wrote: March 10th, 2021, 1:51 pm I don't know anything about Oklahoma State basketball. No clue how we match up with them. They played TCU twice and lost both times by a total of 4 points. When Liberty played TCU, we lost by 4. I suppose that's promising.

I always like our chances with the slow-down offense which controls the pace of play, the "extra pass" discipline to get that better shot, the tough defense which keeps opponents scoring down. It's a good brand of basketball.
We played TCU at the beginning of the season; they've improved by conference play. I believe OSU received the top player in the nation(Cunningham) last year, and he's dominating as a freshman.
lueer wrote: March 10th, 2021, 4:41 pm I think Oklahoma State would be a terrible matchup. We got no one to contain their freshman.
I think the same hold true for any team we get matched with Containing players who have been competing at a much higher level always puts a team at a disadvantage, unless they are taken lightly. Are there any undisciplined athletic teams in that 4 or 5 spot (hoping we go 12)?
Watching the Oklahoma State vs. Baylor game.
I want NOTHING to do with OK State. They are running wild up and down the floor.
The only good thing about Liberty playing them would be our style of play would slow the game WAY down, which would be very disruptive for OK State.
Purple Haize liked this
Geraldos Mustache wrote: March 12th, 2021, 8:20 pm Watching the Oklahoma State vs. Baylor game.
I want NOTHING to do with OK State. They are running wild up and down the floor.
The only good thing about Liberty playing them would be our style of play would slow the game WAY down, which would be very disruptive for OK State.
You just gave a very valid reason why they would NOT necessarily be a bad match-up for us. Although, contrary to popular belief, we do not play a slow pace on offense, our defense does force opponents to work extremely hard and consume a lot of clock. We are a nightmare for teams that need to run and gun to be at their best.
olldflame wrote: March 13th, 2021, 2:41 pm Looks like WVU is trending right now.
I hope Purple can make this happen!
WVU is a bad matchup for LU because of the brute size inside and the dynamic outside shooting that always gives the Pack Line trouble. This year’s ‘Eers are not like Huggy Bear’s teams of old. No more Press Virginia. Can get a little shoddy defensively at times.
FEED me Florida State. They are an absolute disaster. I'm biased because they blew my 14/1 parlay last night but my goodness that is an awful basketball team.

Also, has the selection show always been at 6pm? I feel like it's usually 3pm.
Longshots wrote: March 14th, 2021, 9:05 am FEED me Florida State. They are an absolute disaster. I'm biased because they blew my 14/1 parlay last night but my goodness that is an awful basketball team.

Also, has the selection show always been at 6pm? I feel like it's usually 3pm.
1. You need to quit day drinking. :D FSU is a really good team LU wants no part of. GT was just on a mission last night
2. Hopefully you were planning on tithing your parlay winnings. :D
3. I always thought it was later. Like 6 or 7. They have to wait for the B1G to finish up
Longshots liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]