If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

We aren’t as good as we were the last two years, that’s obvious. I don’t see this team winning a tourney game. Ritchie will have the boys prepared, and a lot depends on matchups, but we’re at least a year or 2 away from talking about tourney runs. At our trajectory, I think we get there and get there consistently, but not this year.
stokesjokes wrote: March 7th, 2021, 5:01 pm We aren’t as good as we were the last two years, that’s obvious. I don’t see this team winning a tourney game. Ritchie will have the boys prepared, and a lot depends on matchups, but we’re at least a year or 2 away from talking about tourney runs. At our trajectory, I think we get there and get there consistently, but not this year.
I don't know. I don't think we're quite as talented as the past 2 years. At the same time our style of play allows us to beat more talented teams. I don't think we make a deep run, but I think we're set up to beat a better team if we get hot.
Geraldos Mustache liked this
stokesjokes wrote: March 7th, 2021, 4:12 pm Littles is listed at 6’7”- how tall do you think his hair makes him?
Is that the guy with the unicorn haircut? :lol:
stokesjokes liked this
olldflame wrote: March 7th, 2021, 5:18 pm Parker all-tournament.
As much as we struggled with the full court press, can you imagine what this year would have been like without Parker running the point? :shock:
thepostman, Kricket liked this
Cider Jim wrote: March 7th, 2021, 7:08 pm
olldflame wrote: March 7th, 2021, 5:18 pm Parker all-tournament.
As much as we struggled with the full court press, can you imagine what this year would have been like without Parker running the point? :shock:
I was thinking the same thing during the game. He's really the only guy who consistently creates off the dribble as well.
olldflame wrote: March 6th, 2021, 11:15 am
Sly Fox wrote: March 6th, 2021, 10:10 am The rule about the NCAA Tournament is meant to discourage schools from jumping before they are fully committed to the transition. It has been in place for decades. Conferences have a choice whether to let transitioning members into their tourneys. That's why there was this ducssion in the tournament thread. But the ASUN made their bed and is now lying in it.

In the meantime, we have some business to address. UNA had lost seven straight before starting this 3-game run into the final. Two of those seven were our last games at home with the identical scores. It would be easy to let down our guard with the Dance ticket punched and the fresh memories of the 20-point wins. But our slow starts the last two games could put us in jeopardy Sunday that we don't want address. No one wants to be the team in the Dance in on a technicality. We need to finish this JAX experience strong to impress the selection committee for the best seeding possible in Indiana.
I suspect you are pretty close to the mark on the reason for the transition period, but it's a dinosaur of a rule which is really not very relevant now, especially for 4 years, which verges on the draconian. It should be much easier with current resources and technology to thoroughly vet programs before approving a move up, and in the unlikely event a school has buyer's remorse, penalize them with a transition period for returning to D2.
They have a transition period in football also. Allowing a team to jump to division one and go to a tournament or a bowl game is ridiculous, make them pay their dues and jump through the hoops
Kricket wrote: March 7th, 2021, 5:20 pm
stokesjokes wrote: March 7th, 2021, 5:01 pm We aren’t as good as we were the last two years, that’s obvious. I don’t see this team winning a tourney game. Ritchie will have the boys prepared, and a lot depends on matchups, but we’re at least a year or 2 away from talking about tourney runs. At our trajectory, I think we get there and get there consistently, but not this year.
I don't know. I don't think we're quite as talented as the past 2 years. At the same time our style of play allows us to beat more talented teams. I don't think we make a deep run, but I think we're set up to beat a better team if we get hot.
Kricket - I think you are 100% right. If we play and shoot as well as we did vs. Bellarmine, we could beat a lot of teams. Hot shooting beyond the arc and our slow down tempo could be a double-whammy for an athletic, undisciplined team.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]