If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
These refs are baddddddd
Kricket liked this
Great job withstanding their pressure. Got a little sloppy there but Bellarmine was throwing everything at us.

Now onto the conference tournament. We must maintain the level of play.

And yes. McGhee better be player of the year
That was a massive win. I'm not sure if we were underrated or if Bellarmine was overrated but that line was anywhere between 2 and 4 and it was never close. To go on the road in front of a rowdy group of fans for the first time this year and shoot lights out makes me excited for the possibility of future games with fans. You can tell with this team it doesn't matter who or where they are on a mission.
Geraldos Mustache liked this
Make no mistake, Bellarmine (which I have never heard of until last year), is going to be a power in the ASUN as long as they hang on to their coach.
Fundamentally sound, shows more hustle than any team I have seen this year. They are talented and shoot pretty well. We shot lights out and the lead was in single digits, with less than 3 minutes left in the game.
Hope we finish up strong and expect us to do just that. We have a great coach, talented team. Worried a little bit about our bigs. But as long as we have Darius McThree, we have a good chance. He is certainly all-time first team LU.
GO FLAMES.
I don't know how to find Bellarmine's Twitter account, but their fans were pretty polite and complimentary on this message board about the game (page 12):

https://csnbbs.com/thread-902847-page-12.html
Cider Jim wrote: February 28th, 2021, 6:25 pm I don't know how to find Bellarmine's Twitter account, but their fans were pretty polite and complimentary on this message board about the game (page 12):

https://csnbbs.com/thread-902847-page-12.html
The salty tweets I read were on the Barstool Bellarmine twitter account. I had a "friendly" interaction with a guy who was going on and on about how whiny LIberty fans are and bragging about how one of the reasons they are going to be dominant in the ASUN is because they play in Freedom Hall. I tried to coach him up about how we had experience playing in front of thousands of empty seats, that it's not all it's cracked up to be, and they will be better off playing to packed houses in their on campus facility once things are back to normal. He seem to think that the main reason they have been playing at Freedom Hall is because they are big time now, not because of covid. To steal a term from Ben Shapiro, he called me a "p-word". 8)
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]