If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
They are really playing basketball with MASKS???
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Then there is this:
https://www.ihrsa.org/improve-your-club ... e%20WHO%20(World%20Health%20Organization,promotes%20the%20growth%20of%20microorganisms.

Setting the potential health risks aside, I have yet to see/hear any evidence that there is any reduction in Covid transmission risk by doing this. Let's face it, it's blatant virtue signalling. Nothing more and nothing less.
By cruzan_flame13
olldflame wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 8:13 am Then there is this:
https://www.ihrsa.org/improve-your-club ... e%20WHO%20(World%20Health%20Organization,promotes%20the%20growth%20of%20microorganisms.

Setting the potential health risks aside, I have yet to see/hear any evidence that there is any reduction in Covid transmission risk by doing this. Let's face it, it's blatant virtue signalling. Nothing more and nothing less.
Why not continue the scheme when a lot of people are buying it. And folks thought we were going back to normal smh. I'm guessing most of these players are vaccinated, yet they have to wear mask and can still transmit the virus? Does that make sense? Whats the point of getting the vaccine if one can still expose people(unless everyone get vaccinated they claim :roll:). But hey, trust the experts :D
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 10:31 am

Why not continue the scheme when a lot of people are buying it. And folks thought we were going back to normal smh. I'm guessing most of these players are vaccinated, yet they have to wear mask and can still transmit the virus? Does that make sense? Whats the point of getting the vaccine if one can still expose people(unless everyone get vaccinated they claim :roll:). But hey, trust the experts :D
I'm not aware of any state that has approved vaccine for teens yet.
By cruzan_flame13
olldflame wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 11:49 am

Some schools are opening up so what do you think will happen for students to get back to the classrooms? You believe they'll just let kids go without mandating each one to get a shot? Just wait and see; things will never come back to what it was.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 1:03 pm
olldflame wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 11:49 am

Some schools are opening up so what do you think will happen for students to get back to the classrooms? You believe they'll just let kids go without mandating each one to get a shot? Just wait and see; things will never come back to what it was.
We’ve had kids in school here all academic year
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Kids have all been back in school in Texas since the academic year began while wearing masks. There is a big difference between sitting in classrooms and trying to reach peak performance on a basketball court.
By cruzan_flame13
Sly Fox wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 2:58 pm Kids have all been back in school in Texas since the academic year began while wearing masks. There is a big difference between sitting in classrooms and trying to reach peak performance on a basketball court.
You're in contact with people in both situations and clearly a mask doesn't work (of course) because now it's being promoted to wear two or three. Clearly they've were trusted a few inches but they're going for a few mile. Now in Texas you guys are having weather like its Minnesota and this isn't strange? How do you think things will go with these issues. All of a sudden they'll be more varients and they'll be mandatory obligations in order to receive "simple things back."
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
For the record, it is sunny & 75 right now at my house in Texas. Last week left behind a plumber's dream and utility bills that are off the charts. But we are back to normal otherwise.
By cruzan_flame13
Sly Fox wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 4:36 pm For the record, it is sunny & 75 right now at my house in Texas. Last week left behind a plumber's dream and utility bills that are off the charts. But we are back to normal otherwise.
Glad you and your family are well.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]