If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By cruzan_flame13
Class of 20Something wrote: February 12th, 2021, 5:17 pm
Purple Haize wrote: February 11th, 2021, 7:37 pm Lou Malnati’s. I have spoken
I understood that reference.

But Giordano's is my only experience so by that fact I claim it as superior.
Lou's feel more comforting and blue collar IMO. The pies are more crispy while Gio's is more uppity. Again that's just my opinion when I was in Chicago. I was more going Lou's more than Gio's as well. Anyways, I hope to see a good game tonight.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I guess we should point out that we got the win 73-61 despite some sloppy play down the stretch that caused the final score to make the game look closer than it really was. This was the first time in their 9 ASUN games that N Florida did not hold a lead in the second half.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I didn’t get to watch, but I saw we were up 67-43 with 8:23 left. Over the last 8:23, we were out scored 18-6. I think I saw @Purple Haize saying something in another thread recently about young teams having a hard time finishing. Hopefully we can clean that up, especially now that the fate of the auto-bid might come down to the regular season.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: February 13th, 2021, 9:12 am I didn’t get to watch, but I saw we were up 67-43 with 8:23 left. Over the last 8:23, we were out scored 18-6. I think I saw @Purple Haize saying something in another thread recently about young teams having a hard time finishing. Hopefully we can clean that up, especially now that the fate of the auto-bid might come down to the regular season.
You did
I did
I know things :D
stokesjokes liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Mcghee looked good, maybe not as much on the scoring line, but he penetrated and passed really well. The entire team, particularly in the first half passed well.

That's one difference I notice from this year's team from last. This team doesn't move the ball quite as efficiently as last year. Hopefully they can continue to move the ball well like they did yesterday.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: February 13th, 2021, 9:12 am I didn’t get to watch, but I saw we were up 67-43 with 8:23 left. Over the last 8:23, we were out scored 18-6. I think I saw @Purple Haize saying something in another thread recently about young teams having a hard time finishing. Hopefully we can clean that up, especially now that the fate of the auto-bid might come down to the regular season.
I watched the UNA Bellarmine game last night. Bellarmine held a substantial lead until the final 2 minutes, sometimes close to 20 points. The final was 61-60 Bellarmine. I think these kind of leads can certainly by deceptive to the team in the lead. Glad we kept it double digits.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The Ospreys just seem to be hanging around. We can't simply depend on Darius to shoot like this all night. We need to pick up that defensive intensity once again.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Robinson had 3 quick fouls in only 4 minutes, so we may see a career high in minutes for Preston tonight. He had 8 first half pts and 4 rebounds in 14 minutes.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: February 13th, 2021, 6:54 pm The Ospreys just seem to be hanging around. We can't simply depend on Darius to shoot like this all night. We need to pick up that defensive intensity once again.

N Fla certainly got off to a hot start, but actually, our defense really did a good job in the last 10 minutes of the half
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Final score 80-60. No late run for the Ospreys tonight. After scoring 25 points in the first 10 minutes of the game, the pack line held them to 35 in the last 30 minutes. McGhee with 22. Rode stuffing the stat sheet again with 10 pts, 8 boards and 5 assists. I would not be at all surprised to see Kyle get a triple double at some point before he graduates.
Last edited by olldflame on February 13th, 2021, 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By LU Grad 11
Registration Days Posts
This is more of what I expected in conference play. Good weekend of basketball! Rode with 10, 8, and 5. Back to back games with over 5 in each category for him. Seems like Ritchie has finally tightened the rotation. Gonna have to keep it up to keep pace with Bellarmine. Go Flames!
By Geraldos Mustache
LU Grad 11 wrote: February 13th, 2021, 7:55 pm This is more of what I expected in conference play. Good weekend of basketball! Rode with 10, 8, and 5. Back to back games with over 5 in each category for him. Seems like Ritchie has finally tightened the rotation. Gonna have to keep it up to keep pace with Bellarmine. Go Flames!
Agree 100%.
This weekend series looks like Liberty is really starting to come together at the right time. Could have finished stronger on Friday night but overall, the entire weekend looked great.

I was pleased with the fact that North Florida was playing red hot in the first 10 minutes of Saturday's game, yet Liberty kept pace and did not fall behind. Liberty kept their foot on the gas and NF could not keep pace.

This is the best we've looked all season. Excited for the Bellarmine series and the Conference Tournament!
LU Grad 11 liked this
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]