If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I tune in late , Just in time to see Blake Preston miss another 2 uncontested footer from right underneath the rim

At 6’9” I just don’t see how that happens

Not to mention I don’t understand why these kids are constantly taking off the glass shots instead of just throwing it down

Positive note we are up by 10
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
We’re not scoring and they’re making 3s

But man do I like Chris Parker

Lead at halftime is down to 6
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We are missing the easiest shots we are taking. Glad we got off to such a great start. The shots that Youngblood & Rodgers are making are tough shots. Our D looks fine but we need to finish.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Yeah that Spencer Rogers is no joke

Wouldve loved to have him
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 9th, 2021, 6:53 pm 1-7 on 3 pointers in first half. Need to shoot more 3s, and make them.
Wrong.
They are focusing on stopping the 3, and as a result, we are dominating them in the paint. It would be foolish to force the issue.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote: January 9th, 2021, 6:38 pm I tune in late , Just in time to see Blake Preston miss another 2 uncontested footer from right underneath the rim

Not to mention I don’t understand why these kids are constantly taking off the glass shots instead of just throwing it down

Can you even see that high?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: January 9th, 2021, 7:00 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: January 9th, 2021, 6:53 pm 1-7 on 3 pointers in first half. Need to shoot more 3s, and make them.
Wrong.
They are focusing on stopping the 3, and as a result, we are dominating them in the paint. It would be foolish to force the issue.
#fraudcoach. :D
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 9th, 2021, 7:09 pm
PAmedic wrote: January 9th, 2021, 6:38 pm I tune in late , Just in time to see Blake Preston miss another 2 uncontested footer from right underneath the rim

That’s why it’s so frustrating I’m thinking dang it if I had half that height
Purple Haize liked this
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
RMK with some good halftime adjustments though and we are up at 25
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote: January 9th, 2021, 7:15 pm
Purple Haize wrote: January 9th, 2021, 7:09 pm

That’s why it’s so frustrating I’m thinking dammit if I had half that height
You almost do
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
80% but who’s counting
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
So after we abused them in the paint for 30 minutes, we now are getting better looks from 3 and are lighting them up there too.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: January 9th, 2021, 7:37 pm So after we abused them in the paint for 30 minutes, we now are getting better looks from 3 and are lighting them up there too.
It’s almost like it should be a basketball fundamental or something
LU 57, phoenix liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Dominant second half gives us a 76-47 win. I believe if we can overcome our slow starts in game one of these weekends, we may be able to run the table. It looks like we have a big advantage in depth and conditioning. We just flat out wore KSU down today.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 9th, 2021, 8:01 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: January 9th, 2021, 8:15 am I expected a 20 point win.
76-47 (29 point win)

Much better game today. I believe someone predicted a 6-10 point win.
Wrong again. It's a habit I guess. I said I expected us to win by more than 6. We did. We may see more of these bigger winning margins in the second games for the reasons I gave in my earlier post. This format is a huge advantage to the teams that have depth like we do.
ballcoach15 liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: January 9th, 2021, 7:52 pm Dominant second half gives us a 76-47 win. I believe if we can overcome our slow starts in game one of these weekends, we may be able to run the table. It looks like we have a big advantage in depth and conditioning. We just flat out wore KSU down today.
Our depth is no joke. We blew out a team by 30 today and our high scorer had 12 points.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Our defense clamped down on Rogers who had 31 points the night before. I think Rogers had 12 points on Saturday and might not have scored in the second half.
stokesjokes liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]