If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By lueer
Registration Days Posts
I absolutely hate this stupid schedule. Going to be tough to win tomorrow after battling from behind all game.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Very poor showing overall. Really disappointing effort level in the first half that was too much to come back from.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
lueer wrote: January 1st, 2021, 5:36 pm I absolutely hate this stupid schedule. Going to be tough to win tomorrow after battling from behind all game.
No tougher IMHO than if it had been close throughout. Looking at the stats, Lipscomb's top players played more minutes than ours, and I have a ton of confidence in our conditioning. I think we will be fine.

Let's face it, speaking as kindly as I possibly can about the ASUN, saying we "drew the short end of the straw" on the schedule is an understatement. Once the revised schedule came out, I think most of us would have been happy to see us split this series, and I think that is exactly what we will do.
ballcoach15 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
lueer wrote: January 1st, 2021, 5:59 pm I’m not as confident as you are. We got no one for Asadullah.
Disagree. The problem is, Preston can't play 40 minutes. We were +4 with him in there. Asadullah did most of his damage against Abii (-13). He can't play 40 either, so I'm hoping Soucie will try to have Blake in there as much as possible when Ahsan is, and rest him when he isn't.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Seems like Asadullah didn’t play a ton of minutes, it shouldn’t be too hard to spell Preston. I think the quick double is a good adjustment, but Asadullah is a good passer out of doubles. I’d still rather have someone else shooting an open jumper vs. Asadullah one on one in the post.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: January 1st, 2021, 6:40 pm Seems like Asadullah didn’t play a ton of minutes, it shouldn’t be too hard to spell Preston. I think the quick double is a good adjustment, but Asadullah is a good passer out of doubles. I’d still rather have someone else shooting an open jumper vs. Asadullah one on one in the post.
He played 31, which I think is pretty much max for him. He's come a long way in the stamina department, but with 280 pounds to carry around, he's never going to be a Darius McGhee in that department. Blake played a career high 27, but they did not always sync up with Asadullah's minutes, and he really abused Abii when he had that matchup.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I see that tomorrow's game is scheduled a couple of hours later than today's, which is good, but why not max out the rest period and schedule the Friday games at 12 or 1 and the Saturday games at 7 or 8?
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Should work shiloh in on asadullah as well. Abii had no shot. Also we doubled him last year with scottie and myo. Not sure why we would start out not doubling him with this group.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BTW, Trevecca Nazarine played Lipscomb earlier this year, and held Asadullah to 9 points, with Brendan Newton guarding him most of the time. Full disclosure, TN also starts another 7'2" kid, who helped make it tougher on him. Brendan was not a fit for our system, but it would have been nice to have him as an option this weekend. 8)
By Geraldos Mustache
lueer wrote: January 1st, 2021, 6:10 pm You are right. We got hosed with this schedule.
That's no excuse for losing to an inferior opponent.
By Jonathan Carone
It’s hard to call Lipscomb an inferior opponent. They are set up perfectly to beat us. With their outside shooting and a big dude in the middle, it’s the recipe for beating the pack.
flamehunter liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 12:58 pm It’s hard to call Lipscomb an inferior opponent. They are set up perfectly to beat us. With their outside shooting and a big dude in the middle, it’s the recipe for beating the pack.
Add to that the fact that said big guy is by consensus the best player in the league and they have considerably more overall experience returning than we do, and I totally agree. Do I think we have more upside and will eventually be better than them? Yes, and possibly starting as early as today. 8)
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We lead 30-20 at the half. With Asadullah only playing about 5 minutes due to 2 early fouls, I would have liked to have a little bigger lead, but after yesterday, I certainly can't complain. Rode has 9 and McGhee 7.
By jmclaughlin
What was the over for “Put it in the Book” statements from this broadcaster? It has to be in the money by now
Last edited by jmclaughlin on January 2nd, 2021, 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
They have cut it to 13. Last 2 times down the floor Asadullah abused Abii again. Can't let them have that matchup!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Liberty leading by 20 points, 60-40. Play Basketball
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We win despite only getting 2 FTs, making them both, compared to 14-17 for Lipscomb. In the 2 games, we were awarded 14 FT to 54 for Lipscomb. :roll:
Liberty22 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]