If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Anyone have unwanted tickets for the ALCORN STATE game (12/22 @ 1PM)? My boys would like to go. We would be looking for 3.
By LUAlum1215
alabama24 wrote: December 21st, 2020, 7:51 pm Anyone have unwanted tickets for the ALCORN STATE game (12/22 @ 1PM)? My boys would like to go. We would be looking for 3.
Possibly. I offered them to someone already but haven't heard back. I could have as many as 4 so I'll let you know.
alabama24 liked this
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Thanks! I sent you a PM with my contact info just in case.

If anyone else may have tickets, please let me know. :D
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Thanks Ballcoach. LUAlum1215 was able to sell me tickets. I did try calling you, however, to thank you. It went to a voicemail box that hasn't been set up. Burner phone? :)

Will you be at the game? Cider? If you will be with the "old mans club," I'll be with the "young mans club" (sons 14, 12, 6)
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
You guys are brave posting your phone numbers publically. Glad you feel safe here doing that. I know I wouldn't.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 11:15 am You guys are brave posting your phone numbers publically. Glad you feel safe here doing that. I know I wouldn't.

I see your point, but everyone on the board "should be on the same team", but there's probably a couple who seem not to be at times.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 10:51 am Will you be at the game? Cider? If you will be with the "old mans club," I'll be with the "young mans club" (sons 14, 12, 6)
Yes, I'll be there: section 14, row P, seats 10 & 11. Feel free to stop by and introduce yourself. Play Basketball
alabama24 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 11:40 am
alabama24 wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 10:51 am Will you be at the game? Cider? If you will be with the "old mans club," I'll be with the "young mans club" (sons 14, 12, 6)
Yes, I'll be there: section 14, row P, seats 10 & 11. Feel free to stop by and introduce yourself. Play Basketball
I can vouch for bama24 being a good dude
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 12:08 pm
Cider Jim wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 11:40 am
I can vouch for bama24 being a good dude
Quit it. You’re ruining my rep. :lol:
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 11:28 am
thepostman wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 11:15 am You guys are brave posting your phone numbers publically. Glad you feel safe here doing that. I know I wouldn't.

I see your point, but everyone on the board "should be on the same team", but there's probably a couple who seem not to be at times.
But the people on the board aren't the only people who can see your phone number now.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Alcorn played #6 Houston 2 days ago and the score was "only" 88-55. Yes, I know comparative scores, even against a common opponent, don't necessarily translate when you play head to head, but it still makes me feel pretty good about where we are right now.
Last edited by olldflame on December 22nd, 2020, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
After going 7-7 from the floor today, Blake Preston is now shooting 76% on the year. Unfortunately, he is well short of the required average of 5 makes a game to qualify to be among the national leaders.
stokesjokes liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
We’ve just got so much depth, we should be wearing these opponents out. We’ve only really been able to go 7-8 deep the past few years. This year we can go 10-11 deep. This will be a huge advantage in our wonky conference schedule.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 4:53 pm We’ve just got so much depth, we should be wearing these opponents out. We’ve only really been able to go 7-8 deep the past few years. This year we can go 10-11 deep. This will be a huge advantage in our wonky conference schedule.
We clearly do have more depth, but it's not Ritchie's nature to go more than 8/9 deep in conference play. I suspect with the back to back game format he will probably go deeper IF the opponent does. If not, I think he will stick with his best with the confidence that we will more than hold our own in terms of stamina, having the best S&C coach in the league, if not the country.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I wonder who drops out of the rotation. I think Abii and Robinson will get minutes in the front court. Dobbs seems to get a lot of minutes, and early. Keegan has played well and surely has earned minutes. The reports were that Jackson would be one of our most impactful freshmen, but he hadn’t seen much game time yet. Warfield probably drops off, but not sure who else could be pushed out at this point.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I'm an SOB (son of a barber), so I naturally notice hair: Abii had what looked like 2 horns with his new hairstyle. :shock: :flamingdevil
LU 57 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]