If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By prototype
Registration Days Posts
This will be a tough game for the Flames... I hope we are hitting tonight and if we can get past them - I'm pretty sure we will be favored in all our remaining games. This will be our last chance to get a big win under our belt.
By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
LIBERTY AT MISSOURI PREVIEW
By: Jon Manson

The Liberty Flames return to action Wednesday night for the final, and only, road game of the team’s non-conference slate against the Missouri Tigers of the SEC. The Flames have won four of five games against SEC opponents including both games this season with wins over Mississippi State and South Carolina.

The Tigers are currently 3-0 on the season with wins over Oral Roberts, 91-64, Oregon, 83-75, and Wichita State, 72-62. Missouri is currently among the others receiving votes in both the AP and Coaches Top 25 polls following their strong start to the season.

“The opponent that we are facing represents a humongous challenge,” Liberty head coach Ritchie McKay said. “Cuonzo Martin is really one of the best guys in college basketball and he is a fabulous coach. This year’s version of the Tigers can make someone lose sleep, very concerned about their offensive prowess.”
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Did you guys hear the announcers talk about how Liberty beat SC because SC took bad shots? Nothing like taking away credit from a good flames team.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I'm not the one who blames the refs but they're keeping them in the game. Breath on Mizzou its a foul, mug liberty its no foul.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Weve gotten exposed in the second half. Lots of poor decisions mixed with bad free throw shooting. Blake and shiloh have surprisingly been all weve had since midway through the first half offensively.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
We’ve gotten killed on some of our hard hedges. On the other side, we can’t get any separation for our threes. Mizzou has scouted us well, they’ve had some good adjustments against us on both ends.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Thats hard to watch that second half. Just got taken to the woodshed. We havent done anything right the last 10 minutes and every single shot is not a good shot for mcghee. Hes got to get better with his shot selection. I totally get he has the green light but hes gotta be a little more cognizant of what a good look is. Hes too important to our success to just jack up stuff.

Biggest disappointment for me is this free throw shooting. Weve been declining the last 2 years. Its going to cost us a game in close games. Mcghee is the only reliable one at the line.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: December 9th, 2020, 9:48 pm I thought it was complimentary- they were talking about how frustrated other teams get playing against our D, which causes them to take bad shots and dig a hole against us.
Still think they respect us? Just now at the end they said “guys come on, with respect we got Liberty coming in here. We’re fully aware what’s coming up on the schedule”.

Granted, our second half we played in such a way that we don’t deserve respect. If we want to be “Gonzaga of the East” we got to start winning more, plain and simple.
stokesjokes liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Agreed. Seems like a good kid, but his feet are too slow and he finishes too softly. If he was a seven footer, he might be able to get away with it, but he’s also undersized for a true center.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Preston played well offensively other than terrible ft shooting but thats nothing new. He rebounds well but he missed several rotations that allowed uncontested baskets in the second half. Thats where we miss scottie and myo.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote: December 9th, 2020, 11:16 pm Not a Preston fan tonight.
What are you talking about??? In only 14 minutes of playing time, Preston was our leading scorer and rebounder, shooting 4-7 from the field. He was our one bright spot tonight!

Our two starting guards shot 3 for 17.

Box score: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=318976
Dr. Sheh, LU 57, flamehunter and 1 others liked this
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]