If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jyoung9 wrote: November 26th, 2020, 6:38 pm I was super unimpressed with Keegan, Cuffee, and Preston last night. Mcghee had to do too much.

I agree that overall it was encouraging, especially with the kids playing as well as they did. These new guys are just on a different level than recruits from a few years ago.

I'd like to see way more Warfield and way less Keegan, and I guess a little more Shiloh and less Preston? I didn't think Shiloh looked good either.

This team could be really good 25 or 30 games from now. Play Basketball
So, 2 of the 3 players you were "super unimpressed" with after one game were pretty terrific last night. 8) Keegan is off to a slow start shooting, but there is a reason he is getting minutes. He knows the defensive system better than anyone on the roster except Cuff and Darius. I'm all for "seeing more" of Warfield when he is ready. Apparently he is not.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: November 27th, 2020, 11:59 am Just as a reason for excitement.

Parker and Cuffee are the only seniors this year followed by McDowell and McGee next year.

We had 4 Underclassmen getting 10+ minutes last night with Juniors McGee and McDowell both getting 19+ minutes. We are going to be stacked on experience very soon.

https://www.aseaofred.com/1786-2/
Parker and Cuffee are seniors, but this season does not count against eligibility. If the coaching staff and player are in agreement, both of the seniors could return next year.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: November 27th, 2020, 12:41 pm
Class of 20Something wrote: November 27th, 2020, 11:59 am Just as a reason for excitement.

Parker and Cuffee are the only seniors this year followed by McDowell and McGee next year.

We had 4 Underclassmen getting 10+ minutes last night with Juniors McGee and McDowell both getting 19+ minutes. We are going to be stacked on experience very soon.

Parker and Cuffee are seniors, but this season does not count against eligibility. If the coaching staff and player are in agreement, both of the seniors could return next year.
I haven't heard anything about what is happening with the scholarship limit next year, but I can't imagine Ritchie would not want both of them back. Whether they decide to stay could depend on their pro prospects and/or other career plans.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: November 27th, 2020, 12:41 pm

I keep forgetting about that. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.
By jyoung9
olldflame wrote: November 27th, 2020, 12:20 pm
jyoung9 wrote: November 26th, 2020, 6:38 pm I was super unimpressed with Keegan, Cuffee, and Preston last night. Mcghee had to do too much.

I agree that overall it was encouraging, especially with the kids playing as well as they did. These new guys are just on a different level than recruits from a few years ago.

I'd like to see way more Warfield and way less Keegan, and I guess a little more Shiloh and less Preston? I didn't think Shiloh looked good either.

This team could be really good 25 or 30 games from now. Play Basketball
So, 2 of the 3 players you were "super unimpressed" with after one game were pretty terrific last night. 8) Keegan is off to a slow start shooting, but there is a reason he is getting minutes. He knows the defensive system better than anyone on the roster except Cuff and Darius. I'm all for "seeing more" of Warfield when he is ready. Apparently he is not.
Cuffee making as many catch and shoot threes as he did last night was huge, and it was easily the best game of Newton's career. Warfield needing time isn't too surprising I guess. Dobbs played well in limited minutes as well.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 28th, 2020, 8:40 am My Purdue/Clemson pick didn’t age well. Oh well, I’ll own that.
You were not alone. Purdue was almost as dominant inside against Clemson as they were against us, but the Tigers were able to force 22 turnovers, which was really the difference in the game.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
That was one of clemsons better wins in a long time.

Would love to get out of kc with at least one more victory. Unfortunately i think we probably have the best team in this pod again the first game but should we lose we should face the worst of the 4 in the second game again.

Agreed Cruzan. Memphis just got $5 million a […]

New Mexico State

Crazy game, should have won it about an hour and a[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]