If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Tnobes
Did he ever put out an updated statement after we found out the truth of the cases that George Floyd was high on fentanyl and overdosed and breonna Taylor was a drug dealer whose boyfriend shot at the police after they knocked and announced who they were? Christians look like fools when they knee jerk react like secular idiots. Those cases had absolutely zero to do with "race" and everything to do with people who made terrible decisions in life
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: September 26th, 2020, 11:59 pm Did he ever put out an updated statement after we found out the truth of the cases that George Floyd was high on fentanyl and overdosed and breonna Taylor was a drug dealer whose boyfriend shot at the police after they knocked and announced who they were? Christians look like fools when they knee jerk react like secular idiots. Those cases had absolutely zero to do with "race" and everything to do with people who made terrible decisions in life
You cannot quantifiably say they had NOTHING to do with race, when you have no idea how much race (or other factors out of their hands, for that matter) affected their lot in life to cause addiction (Floyd) or illegal activity (Taylor). The point of our society’s current moment is to give grace where such things need to be acknowledged and better understood.

I took Coach McKay’s statement to mean exactly that, and it remains true. No further statement necessary.
stokesjokes liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
You are bearing false witness and you have lost my benefit of the doubt that it’s by an innocent mistake. There’s no evidence that Breonna Taylor was a drug dealer. Her dealer ex-boyfriend has said she had nothing to do with his dealing and was actively trying to separate herself from him.

Also, only one of 12 neighbors interviewed claimed to have heard the police announce themselves. This neighbor also only made this claim on his 3rd time being interviewed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinion ... utType=amp

And George Floyd being high does not excuse the vile behavior witnessed in the video of the officer kneeling on his neck for almost 9 minutes. This may be shocking to you, but even criminals are made in the image of God and don’t deserve to be killed, at least not before they have had their day in court.

You say “Christians look like fools when they knee jerk react like secular idiots.”

I say Christians look like callous bigots when they don’t mourn the deaths of those made in the image of God.
By LUOrange
First of all, Breonna Taylor was knee deep in the drug trade and hadn't been an EMT since 2017. I'll give most people the benefit of the doubt on George Floyd due to the optics, but Excited Delirium had been setting in on that poor guy before the Officers made contact with him and was exasperated by the fentanyl that was on his tongue that he swallowed when they did make contact. Liberals, BLM, and antifa will not like the results of those Officers trials either. Although, they'll relish the opportunity to riot and loot again. You can add George Floyd and Breonna Taylor to the long lists of criminal deaths that they blew out of proportion and caused over reactions for the sake of a narrative. That doesn't mean their deaths weren't tragic, but actions have risks and consequences that they knew or ignored.

But in Ritchie/MBB's statement, I don't fault them for putting that statement out (although I wish they would've left Breonna Taylor's name out of it). Pretty much everyone was condemning the Minneapolis cops, and we also had 3 athletes transferring. So who knows what he and the team were going through. It would've been nice for them to have been more patient. It also would've been nice to have been able to have launched the Created Equally campaign sooner. But neither was probably practical back then. It is what it was. Again, I don't blame McKay and MBB. Nor do I think they need to retract or apologize. Let's just move on, and so far, I really like the Created Equally campaign.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
C’mon man, another deliberate misrepresentation. Breonna Taylor worked in the ED literally the night before she died. She was working as an ED tech at that point, so I guess not an EMT :roll:

And again, “knee deep in the drug trade” is a huge accusation to hurl without any real evidence behind it. Yes, her ex-bf was a drug dealer. No, Breonna had no history of drug charges. No, there were no drugs found in the apartment.

And even so, what’s the legal penalty for drug possession? Trafficking even? I can assure you it isn’t death. Even the way you refer to them as “criminal deaths” implies that we should care less about someone’s death if they are a criminal, I guess their lives don’t matter as much as mine.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: September 28th, 2020, 1:11 pm First of all, Breonna Taylor was knee deep in the drug trade and hadn't been an EMT since 2017. I'll give most people the benefit of the doubt on George Floyd due to the optics, but Excited Delirium had been setting in on that poor guy before the Officers made contact with him and was exasperated by the fentanyl that was on his tongue that he swallowed when they did make contact. Liberals, BLM, and antifa will not like the results of those Officers trials either. Although, they'll relish the opportunity to riot and loot again. You can add George Floyd and Breonna Taylor to the long lists of criminal deaths that they blew out of proportion and caused over reactions for the sake of a narrative. That doesn't mean their deaths weren't tragic, but actions have risks and consequences that they knew or ignored.

But in Ritchie/MBB's statement, I don't fault them for putting that statement out (although I wish they would've left Breonna Taylor's name out of it). Pretty much everyone was condemning the Minneapolis cops, and we also had 3 athletes transferring. So who knows what he and the team were going through. It would've been nice for them to have been more patient. It also would've been nice to have been able to have launched the Created Equally campaign sooner. But neither was probably practical back then. It is what it was. Again, I don't blame McKay and MBB. Nor do I think they need to retract or apologize. Let's just move on, and so far, I really like the Created Equally campaign.
WOW.....where in the world did you see this woman was deep into the Drug trade? if you think that these peoples deaths are blown out of proportion, then you are part of the problem.
By LUOrange
I'm not going to debate you two liberals over the merits of the Taylor case. The evidence is all over the internet, to include reports and transcribed jail phone calls, that document her involvement and a good chunk of what happened the night one of her boyfriends caused her to get killed. Y'all know how to use the internet, you can find it. Of course, this is on top of the glaring fact that the narcotics search warrant was for her, her apartment, and her car. I'd also recommend that you research beyond CNN, MSNBC, facebook and Twitter.

It's a shame whenever anyone loses their life unexpectedly and tragically. However, when you lose your life while engaged in violent criminal activity (drug abuse and trafficking , fighting with the cops, rape, robbery, murder, etc.) you lose some sympathy because you know the risks involved.

And their deaths are blown out of proportion when you consider what caused their deaths and the subsequent attempt to radically change our society through peaceful protesting (aka rioting, looting, insurrection, murder, etc. by leftists), cancel culture, and race baiting.
chris leedlelee liked this
LUOrange wrote: September 30th, 2020, 11:23 am I'm not going to debate you two liberals over the merits of the Taylor case. The evidence is all over the internet, to include reports and transcribed jail phone calls, that document her involvement and a good chunk of what happened the night one of her boyfriends caused her to get killed. Y'all know how to use the internet, you can find it. Of course, this is on top of the glaring fact that the narcotics search warrant was for her, her apartment, and her car. I'd also recommend that you research beyond CNN, MSNBC, facebook and Twitter.
I didn't want to respond because I don't see you changing your mind on this, but I can't just leave it here unchallenged when it's so off base.

Facts:
A warrant does not equal a crime. They found no narcotics in Taylor's home, car, or on her person.
The jail phone call about Breonna holding money for him: they found no money and he reversed his story.

You already know your claim about her "not being an EMT since 2017" is BS, maybe look into the biases of your own sources before questioning mine. And the slander about "one of her boyfriends" just reeks of someone who has lost their objectivity in this case.
This will be my last response to this subject, as my original intention was just to defend McKay and MBB. But just for your "unbiased objectivity." There are several conflicting reports on her employment, with several stating that she was terminated. However, she was in fact an EMT and at some point, working as an ER/ED Tech, which is presumably either an EMT that works in the ER or the equivalent of an LPN or Nurse's assistant. Who cares.

She had at least 2 boyfriends: Jamarcus Glover, her drug dealing partner boyfriend of several years (he also had several girlfriends) and Kenneth Walker, the fella that she was with on the night he got her killed when he used her as a shield when he fired at the cops as they had breached the door.

LMPD had been onto Glover (who was the main target) and Taylor for several years. She was one of his mules and essentially his accountant. She's allowed Glover to use her cars while he's doing his "business," even rented him a car in which one of his associates was murdered in. She allowed him to use her apartment as his official "residence," and she regularly received his "packages and deliveries" there. She's on surveillance with Glover during his "transactions." Her apartment was one 3 locations for his "business." There's jail phone calls of Taylor and Glover discussing his "ledger." There's jail conversations of Glover and their other associates stating that LMPD didn't get or find the money that they had at her apartment that night. One reason they didn't find the money and/or any drugs was probably because there was a period of time after she was shot that her boyfriend of the night, Walker, was alone in the apartment before the cops entered. Her apartment was also one of the 3 locations the cops were raiding that night, they hit the first and arrested Glover. They didn't hit the third because of the shooting. All of this is public information and on the interwebs, if your unbiased objectivity will alloy you to find it.

Also, just because one is never arrested or convicted of a crime it doesn't mean that they're not heavily involved in criminal activity. No matter the crime, bad habit, or addiction, a person has typically committed that act many times before being caught. Likewise, just because evidence of the crime isn't found, doesn't mean that it wasn't there or won't be there again.

Again, Taylor didn't deserve to die, especially since she lost her opportunity for redemption. However, she knew what she was doing, and she wasn't the innocent victim like BLM, liberals, and the national media has made her out to be. But of course, this all "just reeks of someone who has lost their objectivity in this case."
chris leedlelee, jinxy liked this
I just don't understand where this info is coming from, I can't find it.

I can't find any source to say that she had 2 (current) boyfriends, just an ex and a current.
I can't find anything to say that her apartment was a location for "business." There's a report that a single package was delivered there in his name, but there's no indication that it had anything to do with drugs.
I can't find any record of a conversation about a "ledger," just that she was holding his money while he was in jail (which they didn't find and he reversed his story).
I can't find anything that can't also be explained by the fact that they dated for a few years (listing addresses, getting mail, borrowing cars).

I know you're not interested in keeping this going, but it just seems like you're filling in the story with speculation instead of what we actually know. And the continued insistence on making snide remarks about her character (boyfriend of the night) is unbecoming.
Jonathan Carone liked this
@LUOrange could you provide your sources? I'm having a hard time finding some of the info you provided. I'm not interested in an argument but you have thrown some things out there that i haven't heard and if you could point me in the direction if where you got your info, that would be great.

Regardless, I'm glad RM is leading our basketball program.
By tyndal23
stokesjokes wrote: October 1st, 2020, 3:57 pm I just don't understand where this info is coming from, I can't find it.

I can't find any source to say that she had 2 (current) boyfriends, just an ex and a current.
I can't find anything to say that her apartment was a location for "business." There's a report that a single package was delivered there in his name, but there's no indication that it had anything to do with drugs.
I can't find any record of a conversation about a "ledger," just that she was holding his money while he was in jail (which they didn't find and he reversed his story).
I can't find anything that can't also be explained by the fact that they dated for a few years (listing addresses, getting mail, borrowing cars).

I know you're not interested in keeping this going, but it just seems like you're filling in the story with speculation instead of what we actually know. And the continued insistence on making snide remarks about her character (boyfriend of the night) is unbecoming.
Google search is your friend. The no knock warrant was for her not her boyfriend. . If you don’t understand what it takes for a Judge to issue a no knock warrant - go watch The Wire from 2003 on HBO.
jinxy liked this
tyndal23 wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 11:50 pm
stokesjokes wrote: October 1st, 2020, 3:57 pm I just don't understand where this info is coming from, I can't find it.

Google search is your friend. The no knock warrant was for her not her boyfriend. . If you don’t understand what it takes for a Judge to issue a no knock warrant - go watch The Wire from 2003 on HBO.
I say I can’t find these things because I googled and none of the articles give any of these details. Once again, saying “she must have done enough to warrant a no-knock warrant, so she must have been in the drug game” is speculation, not facts.

Google “Breonna Taylor Boyfriends” or “Breonna Taylor 2 boyfriends” and nothing comes up that doesn’t call Glover her ex.
The only thing that comes up to even insinuate that her apartment was a “place of business” was cops observing a single package for Glover be delivered to her apartment. There’s no indication that this was drug related.
If you Google “Breonna Taylor ledger” or “Breonna Taylor ledger phone call” there are no results with the word ledger.

These are the things I said I can’t find.

can you give us actual sources?
Regarding the “no-knock warrant as proof of her wrong-doing”:

“the portion of the warrant authorizing a no-knock entry cited only cut-and-pasted information from the four other warrants that were part of the same investigation. This is a violation of a requirement set by the Supreme Court that no-knock warrants should be granted when police can present evidence that a particular suspect is a risk to shoot at police or destroy evidence if they knock and announce.”

Looks like it was rubber-stamped as part of the Glover investigation.

Source https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinion ... na-taylor/
In addition to that article, we also have this one from USA Today:

Tony Gooden, a Louisville-based U.S. postal inspector, concluded in January that Taylor’s home was not receiving any “packages of interest,” including potentially illicit drugs, the inspector told WDRB News.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatod ... 3235029001
stokesjokes liked this
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]

LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

To suggest Cleveland won't start is pretty ignoran[…]