If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Looks like he's interested in Marshall, too. Play Basketball Study
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: April 1st, 2020, 8:17 pm Was this prospect mentioned before here in the forum?
I thought I had said something about it back when we offered him in September, but can't recall what thread it was in. Need to start one for the 2022 recruiting class. We actually had also offered another 22 player before him, 6'6" G/F Justin Taylor from Charlottesville, but that is no longer on the table.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: April 1st, 2020, 10:32 pm He's a Dot. Is he related to Elijah?

Rivals Profile

247sports Profile
Contrary to popular opinion, NOT all West Virginians are related. That concept only applies to those born in Morgantown or who choose to go to junior college there.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Poca is a pretty small town and to have that much hoops talent coming from a dot on the map is pretty random.

His brother goes to Marshall.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: April 2nd, 2020, 10:50 am Poca is a pretty small town and to have that much hoops talent coming from a dot on the map is pretty random.

His brother goes to Marshall.
Yes, his brother has made the Big Time! Play Basketball Study Nothing like playing basketball on 3rd Ave. in the Cam Henderson Center.

https://herdzone.com/sports/2018/6/11/f ... -html.aspx
ballcoach15 liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I went to a basketball camp there when I wa sin HS and it was a new venue. That was like six lifetime ago.

Thi kid will be getting offers from a who's who of high majors.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: April 2nd, 2020, 4:35 pm I went to a basketball camp there when I was in HS and it was a new venue. That was like six lifetime ago.
Sly, was that during the Rick Huckabee days as HC?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Beats me. It was a camp organized by Ron Bishop and a bunch of Christian college coaches who rented the place out for the event.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Looking at the video of both, McKneely plays a lot like Venzant. Of course, he is a year younger, and it's not surprising he is getting so much attention.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: February 21st, 2021, 5:39 pm Verbaled to UVa back at the end of January
At least he was smart enough to go out of state and not end up in Morgantown. Study Play Basketball
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]