If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By cruzan_flame13
oldflame wrote: June 15th, 2020, 9:59 am
Purple Haize wrote: June 11th, 2020, 12:47 pm
thepostman wrote: June 11th, 2020, 12:38 pm 2 for 1 deal with Missouri

https://www.aseaofred.com/liberty-and-m ... ll-series/
I like that set up. A-H-A in the next 3 years. If things go well maybe add more Of course Missouri might come knocking on Richie’s door too
I hope I'm wrong, but if I were a betting man, I'd wager this series ends up being cancelled.
https://www.rockmnation.com/missouri-ti ... basketball

They do have a new president since the fiasco of a few years ago, but I'm still afraid the admin. there is so snowflake they will cave to the criticism. If I wanted to take the time, I could write an article just as long about how scheduling Missouri is a huge mistake for Liberty because they are a cesspool of Marxism and Identitarianism.
But that's praised though and that wouldn't be out of context like some things these folks keep bringing up that was controversial. It is what it is though; not a lot of schools have clean slate if there's any.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
LUOrange wrote: June 15th, 2020, 9:12 pm
A Sea of Red wrote: June 15th, 2020, 1:05 pm Further details of the Missouri contract which the SB Nation writer won't like:

Are we giving them anything in order for them coming to the Burg, are there any penalties for breaking the contract?
No they don’t get anything for coming to Lynchburg. Unless mutually agreed to cancel, the host team will pay the visiting team $100,000 if the host team decides to cancel.
LUOrange liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote: June 16th, 2020, 6:11 am
LUOrange wrote: June 15th, 2020, 9:12 pm
A Sea of Red wrote: June 15th, 2020, 1:05 pm Further details of the Missouri contract which the SB Nation writer won't like:

Are we giving them anything in order for them coming to the Burg, are there any penalties for breaking the contract?
No they don’t get anything for coming to Lynchburg. Unless mutually agreed to cancel, the host team will pay the visiting team $100,000 if the host team decides to cancel.
What if the visiting team decides to cancel?
It sounds like it would cost them at least $200,000 if they cancelled the whole thing. Maybe 300.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Only 20,000 though?
By Liberty_2023
Is anyone concerned we might be undersized for league play against Lipscomb, Stetson, North Florida etc? I looked at their rosters and they seemed very big. Might be a good piece for the website comparing roster sizes. Also curious if our offense will transition to more shooting 3's and less post play like we had with James and Bell. Just curious what y'all think.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Liberty_2023 wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 8:30 pm Is anyone concerned we might be undersized for league play against Lipscomb, Stetson, North Florida etc? I looked at their rosters and they seemed very big. Might be a good piece for the website comparing roster sizes. Also curious if our offense will transition to more shooting 3's and less post play like we had with James and Bell. Just curious what y'all think.
It’s a valid concern. But not really based on the system RMK plays. It would be nice to have a rim protector on defense but outside of that his style is fine for the 6’4-6’8” player. I’m not sure he wouldn’t like a roster that I’d say 6’6” across the board
By LUOrange
I've always been concerned that we're too small, but McKay has done well despite the lack of playing our size. I'd think Preston will get decent minutes this year, and we are recruiting that 6'9 kid out of TN. Although, he's not real thick right now. But it doesn't appear that McKay will be recruiting any Aluma or Zion sized kids anytime soon.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
New player numbers. I guess the news here is that apparently Luke McKay will be a player, not a manager.

By cruzan_flame13
olldflame wrote: July 16th, 2020, 4:48 pm New player numbers. I guess the news here is that apparently Luke McKay will be a player, not a manager.

A pity that they do not sell jerseys with different numbers. They could be making some good cash right now.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
It doesn't mean much, but I do find it a bit curious that none of our players in the last 3 recruiting classes have their weight listed on the roster. :dontgetit
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: July 16th, 2020, 4:48 pm New player numbers. I guess the news here is that apparently Luke McKay will be a player, not a manager.

I like those
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: July 17th, 2020, 10:15 am It doesn't mean much, but I do find it a bit curious that none of our players in the last 3 recruiting classes have their weight listed on the roster. :dontgetit
No shaming allowed.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: July 17th, 2020, 12:34 pm
olldflame wrote: July 17th, 2020, 10:15 am It doesn't mean much, but I do find it a bit curious that none of our players in the last 3 recruiting classes have their weight listed on the roster. :dontgetit
No shaming allowed.
Which is no doubt why none of the women's teams have them, and in T&F/CC they do the same with men's for consistancy. If they thought it was an issue with MBB, they could remove them from the Seniors as well. They are never updated, even though it's obvious some players have gotten bigger.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 9:19 pm
Liberty_2023 wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 8:30 pm Is anyone concerned we might be undersized for league play against Lipscomb, Stetson, North Florida etc? I looked at their rosters and they seemed very big. Might be a good piece for the website comparing roster sizes. Also curious if our offense will transition to more shooting 3's and less post play like we had with James and Bell. Just curious what y'all think.
It’s a valid concern. But not really based on the system RMK plays. It would be nice to have a rim protector on defense but outside of that his style is fine for the 6’4-6’8” player. I’m not sure he wouldn’t like a roster that I’d say 6’6” across the board
Caleb Homesley x13. Yeah, I think Ritchie would be fine with that.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 9:39 pm I've always been concerned that we're too small, but McKay has done well despite the lack of playing our size. I'd think Preston will get decent minutes this year, and we are recruiting that 6'9 kid out of TN. Although, he's not real thick right now. But it doesn't appear that McKay will be recruiting any Aluma or Zion sized kids anytime soon.
I pride myself on being on top of our MBB recruiting, but the 6'9" recruit from TN is breaking news for me. Care to elaborate?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Someone suggested here that perhaps Shiloh Robinson would "bulk up" to take on bigger post players. Doesn't look like that is happening from this picture, but I have to say he looks like he is in pretty amazing shape considering the circumstances. Is it just me, or can you actually see his abs through the shirt?

Election 2022 and 2024

A congresswoman from a blue state gets you nothi[…]

Some statistics

Sometimes coaches will try to implement a philosop[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution,[…]

DOE Report

Gotta love presidential election season :roll: