If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I think it is a really odd decision but I see it as an added challenge for our guys and one that can only help us. Doesn't mean I think it was a great choice. It is a really odd decision, no doubt about it.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: February 15th, 2021, 9:02 pm
thepostman wrote: February 15th, 2021, 8:46 pm Lots of drama on twitter regarding the ASUN's decision to switch our series with Bellarmine from a home series for us to a road series. I'm not sure the logic, but personally I kind of like the added challenge of winning on the road. The tougher our road is, the better prepared we will be come Tourney time.

What do you guys think?

I think you should be rewarded for success. I think if you are defending champs you should be rewarded. I think you take care of the team that can best represent you.
Especially when it is a choice between that and taking care of the team that is not even eligible to represent you.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: February 15th, 2021, 8:46 pm Lots of drama on twitter regarding the ASUN's decision to switch our series with Bellarmine from a home series for us to a road series. I'm not sure the logic, but personally I kind of like the added challenge of winning on the road. The tougher our road is, the better prepared we will be come Tourney time.

What do you guys think?
Are you a season ticket holder?
Baybird liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: February 15th, 2021, 10:30 pm

What do you guys think?
Are you a season ticket holder?
He can just tap into security and drone footage for every game :D
thepostman liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
So, in other words, if they play on our court this year, it won't be until the conference tourney? This is more advantageous for both LU and the conference, given the circumstance.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: February 16th, 2021, 7:02 am No. That wouldn't be a wise investment on my part considering where I live.
You do know where SumItUp lives, correct?

The conference tourney is all in Jacksonville. The league decided having us go to their transitional member to decide the championship in Louisville would be a wise decision.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I have no idea. Regardless, it wouldn't be a wise financial investment for me to have season tickets. Even without work imposed COVID restrictions, I am in no position to drive between Maryland and Lynchburg for more than 1 or 2 games a year at best.

Anyways, I don't like the decision made by the conference but I also think there has been a ton of complaining going on about the ASUN and their scheduling decisions. Our team is way too good for these decisions to have any real effect. If they do then maybe we aren't as good as we thought?
By Geraldos Mustache
Ritchie McKay has got the team firing on all cylinders right now. I think we are going to see a high-performing team this weekend against North Alabama. We're playing our best basketball. The team is healthy. I feel really good about taking an 8-game win streak into Louisville to play Bellarmine - then roll through the ASUN Tournament. Liberty should be the odds on favorite from here on out. Hopefully we win the ASUN and get no worse than a #13 seed in the NCAA Tournament. Maybe we can improve our stock between now and the NCAA to justify another #12 seeding.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Geraldos Mustache wrote: February 16th, 2021, 11:21 am Ritchie McKay has got the team firing on all cylinders right now. I think we are going to see a high-performing team this weekend against North Alabama. We're playing our best basketball. The team is healthy. I feel really good about taking an 8-game win streak into Louisville to play Bellarmine - then roll through the ASUN Tournament. Liberty should be the odds on favorite from here on out. Hopefully we win the ASUN and get no worse than a #13 seed in the NCAA Tournament. Maybe we can improve our stock between now and the NCAA to justify another #12 seeding.
I personally am not quite as optimistic as you. Waiting to see how the Knights do against N Florida in J'ville this weekend. First we need to TCB at home against N Bama. They have not been playing well of late, but that team always plays HARD.
By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
LIBERTY SLIDING IN BRACKET PROJECTIONS

The Liberty Flames improved to 17-5 overall and 8-2 in ASUN play with a series sweep over North Florida this past weekend.

Liberty is currently 8-2 in conference play, sitting in his second place and just behind Bellarmine who is 10-2 in conference play. With the Knights ineligible for the NCAA Tournament in their first season at the Division I level, the Flames continue to be projected to make the NCAA Tournament by most Bracketologists.

The NCAA recently announced it will hold the entire 2021 men’s basketball tournament in the state of Indiana, with the majority of the tournament’s 67 games taking place in Indianapolis. Selection Sunday is still currently scheduled for March 14 and plans remain to hold the Final Four on April 3 and 5. March Madness will be hosted by Ball State, Butler, the Horizon League, Indiana, IUPUI, and Purdue, which are lending their facilities and staffs to assist with tournament operations. The Indiana Convention Center will be used as a practice facility with multiple courts set up inside the venue (Click Here for More).
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Here is the current status of whether/how many fans will be allowed at tournament games. Not very promising. Despite Indiana being a largely red state, Holcomb, the Rep. gov., has set the tone with a pretty strict set of covid restrictions.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/c ... 128446001/

I will be keeping close tabs on this because my sister's home in Bloomington is my residence when I am not here in the DR, and since I have been informed by email that I am now eligible to receive Covid vaccine as an Indiana resident over 65, I will likely be planning a trip to get them, which will mean at least 3 or 4 weeks to get both shots. If a reasonable number of fans will be allowed, I may try to coordinate that with the tournament (provided we are in it; otherwise it's no big deal to me.)

I just found out the Dominican government will be purchasing it's vaccine supply from China. I suppose I will do some due diligence on that, but if I had to choose right now, I would be taking a hard pass.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Limited attendance (up to 25% of capacity depending on the site) will be allowed in the NCAA tournament!

By Geraldos Mustache
olldflame wrote: February 18th, 2021, 9:34 am Here is the current status of whether/how many fans will be allowed at tournament games. Not very promising. Despite Indiana being a largely red state, Holcomb, the Rep. gov., has set the tone with a pretty strict set of covid restrictions.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/c ... 128446001/

I will be keeping close tabs on this because my sister's home in Bloomington is my residence when I am not here in the DR, and since I have been informed by email that I am now eligible to receive Covid vaccine as an Indiana resident over 65, I will likely be planning a trip to get them, which will mean at least 3 or 4 weeks to get both shots. If a reasonable number of fans will be allowed, I may try to coordinate that with the tournament (provided we are in it; otherwise it's no big deal to me.)

I just found out the Dominican government will be purchasing it's vaccine supply from China. I suppose I will do some due diligence on that, but if I had to choose right now, I would be taking a hard pass.
Why receive an experimental vaccine when herd immunity is within reach. This WSJ article suggests as early as April.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/well-have- ... 1613669731
By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
UPDATED LOOK AT LIBERTY’S BRACKET PROJECTIONS ENTERING REGULAR SEASON FINALE

The Liberty Flames improved to 19-5 overall and 10-2 in ASUN play with a series sweep over North Alabama this week. With the wins and Bellarmine not playing any games this past week after going on a COVID pause the Flames are now tied with the Knights for first place in the conference.

With the Knights ineligible for the NCAA Tournament in their first season at the Division I level, the Flames continue to be projected to make the NCAA Tournament by most Bracketologists.

The NCAA recently announced it will hold the entire 2021 men’s basketball tournament in the state of Indiana, with the majority of the tournament’s 67 games taking place in Indianapolis. Selection Sunday is still currently scheduled for March 14 and plans remain to hold the Final Four on April 3 and 5. March Madness will be hosted by Ball State, Butler, the Horizon League, Indiana, IUPUI, and Purdue, which are lending their facilities and staffs to assist with tournament operations. The Indiana Convention Center will be used as a practice facility with multiple courts set up inside the venue. Click here for more
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Looks fine to me
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The 2021-2022 Schedule has finally dropped.

I am really jazzed about a game here in Texas against SFA in the new Dickies Areana in Fort Worth. That makes two, count em, two games within a 5-hour drive of my house. And if I wan to push it another hour or so I could hit Central Arkansas. I am livin' large.

Granted I miss the games of years gone by in Houston. Huntsville & College Station. But I can't get greedy now.
By LUOrange
Down to only 3 non-D1's. A slight improvement. I'd also like to see more of the other VA mid-majors, ie., JMU, GMU, W&M, UR, VCU, etc.
By LU 57
LUOrange wrote: August 25th, 2021, 10:51 am Down to only 3 non-D1's. A slight improvement. I'd also like to see more of the other VA mid-majors, ie., JMU, GMU, W&M, UR, VCU, etc.
I am guessing they all said no. No upside to getting an L from us.
LUOrange liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]