If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 9:56 pm
stokesjokes wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 9:27 pm So who do we project as the starting 5? Based on last year, I’d pencil in McGhee, Cuffee, Rode, and Robinson, at least for the start of the year. Who is number 5?
"Game notes" (LU website)has this lineup:

1Parker
2 McGhee
3 Cuffee
4 Rode
5 Preston
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I'm shocked that Blake Preston is listed ahead of Shiloh Robinson, esp. after my sources say that Shiloh has added several pounds of muscle in the off season.

Will Coach McKay finally start a true center for LU?
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Preston always seemed a step slow when he was in last year, but I’m not shocked that Parker is getting the look. One point of development I’ve been hoping for is McGhee to be more of a combo-guard, but he’s definitely not a point.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 10:03 pm I'm shocked that Blake Preston is listed ahead of Shiloh Robinson, esp. after my sources say that Shiloh has added several pounds of muscle in the off season.

Will Coach McKay finally start a true center for LU?
It's been a while, but Evan Maxwell did start a lot of games for Ritchie the first year he was back. While Preston is taller than Scottie or Myo, he is pretty mobile, and can step out and shoot. The key to his getting consistent minutes will be if he can play his role in the packline the way Scottie and Myo did. If not, we'll probably see more of Shiloh.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I may be wrong but i cant see preston playing more than 10 to 15 min a game max. I feel like he will pick up a lot of fouls hedging at the top of the key.

I posted when he committed that abi had a different game than anybody else we had. Ive heard an interesting comp for him. Anthony mason with a better shot. Point forward. He was on all those knicks teams that were actually good.

Maide and price look like similar players to me. I cant see either or mcdowell getting a ton of run.
stokesjokes liked this
By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
For those that may have missed it

THE 2020-21 LIBERTY BASKETBALL SEASON PREVIEW
By:Jon Manson
The Liberty Flames men’s basketball season is just less than one month away. Due to the ongoing pandemic, the college basketball season will tip-off later than usual, currently scheduled for the season to begin on Nov. 25. Liberty has yet to release a completed schedule, but due to the shortened season, the non-conference schedule will be condensed.

Ritchie McKay enters his 6th straight season and 8th overall as head coach of the Liberty men’s basketball program. His Flames are looking to make it three straight ASUN Championships, but will have to do so with a new look roster.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: December 5th, 2020, 6:12 pm Lipscomb down 20-2 to Arkansas. :P
That game is now 77-35 with under 7:00 to play. Total mismatch.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Lipscomb has not looked very strong this season. Of course that could all turn around during conference play but I feel pretty confident at this point that we will compete for another conference championship. We are the deepest team in the conference which will help.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
South Carolina led #10 Houston at the half and hung with them for over 30 minutes, but the Cougars are now pulling away late in the game.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Houston wins 77-67 at home. For what it's worth, we beat the Gamecocks by 16 on a neutral court.
LU 57 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
November 19 game is in doubt. A game with Columbia International has been added for this Saturday. Tip off is at 1:00
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 8th, 2020, 4:44 pm November 19 game is in doubt. A game with Columbia International has been added for this Saturday. Tip off is at 1:00
Quick clarification:

"As the changes to schedules continue, our men's game with Regent on Dec. 17 has been cancelled, in its place, we will have a game on Dec. 12 with Columbia International at 1 pm."
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: December 8th, 2020, 5:42 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 8th, 2020, 4:44 pm November 19 game is in doubt. A game with Columbia International has been added for this Saturday. Tip off is at 1:00
Quick clarification:

"As the changes to schedules continue, our men's game with Regent on Dec. 17 has been cancelled, in its place, we will have a game on Dec. 12 with Columbia International at 1 pm."
Have you heard any info on December 19th game ? Ticket office called me and said that game probably wouldn't be played, and I could trade my tickets for Columbia International game.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Another chance Tuesday to see how we stack up against a ranked team based on performance against a common opponent. Alcorn played #6 Houston yesterday and lost 88-55. Last week, Missouri beat #5 Illinois by 3 after they had beaten us by 9.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Lots of drama on twitter regarding the ASUN's decision to switch our series with Bellarmine from a home series for us to a road series. I'm not sure the logic, but personally I kind of like the added challenge of winning on the road. The tougher our road is, the better prepared we will be come Tourney time.

What do you guys think?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: February 15th, 2021, 8:46 pm Lots of drama on twitter regarding the ASUN's decision to switch our series with Bellarmine from a home series for us to a road series. I'm not sure the logic, but personally I kind of like the added challenge of winning on the road. The tougher our road is, the better prepared we will be come Tourney time.

What do you guys think?
I think you should be rewarded for success. I think if you are defending champs you should be rewarded. I think you take care of the team that can best represent you.
jinxy liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]