If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
There’s starting to be plenty of upside to getting a W against us though.

We’re no longer a bad loss and would be a good win for another mid-major.

If they’re worried about giving us legitimacy, I’d say 3 consecutive tourney selections means that ship has sailed.

Hopefully our schedules keep improving. I don’t see us getting a lot of P5 games non-conference, but the local mid-majors should be taking our calls now.
LU 57, Ill flame, LUOrange liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
If that argument is true that we offer no upside why is it that mbb home non conference schedules are the only ones that cant get anybody. Wbb baseball softball football field hockey men and womens soccer and all other sports have much better home games.

Something doesnt add up.
Last edited by jinxy on August 26th, 2021, 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
LUOrange, ballcoach15 liked this
By tyndal23
jinxy wrote: August 25th, 2021, 10:02 pm If that argument is true that we offer no upside why is it that mbb home non conference schedules are the only ones that cant anybody. Wbb baseball softball football field hockey men and womens soccer and all other sports have much better home games.

Something doesnt add up.
Seems like ACC teams that have to play UVA pack line wouldn’t mind a warm up vs lesser athletes. Maybe we put that on a postcard and mail it out to ACC coaches :).
LUOrange, LU 57 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote: August 25th, 2021, 10:02 pm If that argument is true that we offer no upside why is it that mbb home non conference schedules are the only ones that cant anybody. Wbb baseball softball football field hockey men and womens soccer and all other sports have much better home games.

Something doesnt add up.
Follow the money. (The sports you listed don’t generate any, comparatively speaking.)
By tyndal23
I could sense something irritating HF and then when Demario referenced Covid in his post practice interview the other day, Symons again today I knew something was up. Everyone still confident in VA gov not to put the hammer down on outdoor gatherings again? I am taking wagers...
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: August 26th, 2021, 7:57 pm I could sense something irritating HF and then when Demario referenced Covid in his post practice interview the other day, Symons again today I knew something was up. Everyone still confident in VA gov not to put the hammer down on outdoor gatherings again? I am taking wagers...
What does this have to do with Basketball? :wink:
By tyndal23
alabama24 wrote: August 26th, 2021, 8:00 pm
tyndal23 wrote: August 26th, 2021, 7:57 pm I could sense something irritating HF and then when Demario referenced Covid in his post practice interview the other day, Symons again today I knew something was up. Everyone still confident in VA gov not to put the hammer down on outdoor gatherings again? I am taking wagers...
What does this have to do with Basketball? :wink:
Absolutely nothing, wrong thread sorry...
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]