If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I left after trophy presentation.

There were a couple cheap fouls called on liberty via delayed whistle.
I was glad to see #23 for Lipscomb get in foul trouble.
By Ill flame
oldflame wrote: March 8th, 2020, 9:02 pm
Ill flame wrote: March 8th, 2020, 7:55 pm I'll be honest and say that I thought we would get upset at some point during the tourney. I just felt like we rarely played up to our potential but I was proven wrong today with that impressive performance on national TV
30-4 and did not lose a home or neutral court game all year. Yeah, they "underachieved". :roll:
I never said underachieved but we went from having an at large bid at the begining of conference play to needing to win the asun tourney to get in. We lost some games we should've won and played down to opponents a lot. We still had a great season either way.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: March 8th, 2020, 10:15 pm I really hope the Price kid blossoms next year as well. Merely because I was a fan of his father's in the 90's when I actually cared about the NBA.
I can still name the starting 5 from their heyday

Price
Harper
Nance
Daugherty
Ehlo

Not sure if Curry and Jon Hot Rod Williams were on that team or not
LUOrange liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
What an atmosphere. That was a slam dunk other than if i was jerry i would have just ignored the students but i get it. Cuffee and mcghee were both big time today. Those 2 mcghee 3s pulled us out of a 5 min rut that we so often go in as we started the 2nd half.

That was a big time college basketball atmosphere. Not just the attendance and noise but the student section knew when to pick it up and i think theyve made a huge difference here lately.

That 2nd 10 min of first half was us at our peak to me. Myo and scottie did a good job on asdullah and rotating those guys with physicality wore down asadullah. I felt like the officials let it get very physical inside which is fine but called several hand checks which is hard to get when your letting them bang in the paint so much. Myo especially was able to force the big man out a hair further which in turn made him come up short.

Kudos to these seniors that stuck it out. The path to the last 2 years is filled with kids who quit and wouldnt work harder.

Next year is impossible to prognosticate. Lets see who transfers (there always is) from the league and then see who picks up what grad transfers.
thepostman liked this
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Not a great look blabbering about winning at half time with a sour contingent of Lipcsomb fans sitting there having to endure that. Maybe for once he could not make everything about himself. Wasn't that an ASun run event? He shouldn't have even been allowed to have a mic.

Oh also, here's Denver Riggleman.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
With it being an ASUN event. I was surprised we had the normal dog and pony stuff during time outs and halftime. I have been to post season events where they did not do that stuff, like they do in regular season.
By LU 57
Purple Haize wrote: March 8th, 2020, 10:25 pm
LUOrange wrote: March 8th, 2020, 10:15 pm I really hope the Price kid blossoms next year as well. Merely because I was a fan of his father's in the 90's when I actually cared about the NBA.
I can still name the starting 5 from their heyday

Price
Harper
Nance
Daugherty
Ehlo

Not sure if Curry and Jon Hot Rod Williams were on that team or not
I always pulled for them against the Bulls. I appreciated Jordan’s talent but never pulled for him.

I liked Barkley because I was a rebounder who used all of my fouls :lol:
Purple Haize liked this
By LUOrange
ballcoach15 wrote: March 9th, 2020, 2:20 pm With it being an ASUN event. I was surprised we had the normal dog and pony stuff during time outs and halftime. I have been to post season events where they did not do that stuff, like they do in regular season.
One of the stupid games they did actually killed the crowd's excitement. Might have been after McGhee's dunk, Lipscomb called timeout and the crowd went nuts with the music. Then came screaming kid with the corny game. They would've been better keeping the upbeat music going and having the cheerleaders hit the floor.
By LUOrange
LUconn wrote: March 9th, 2020, 1:50 pm Not a great look blabbering about winning at half time with a sour contingent of Lipcsomb fans sitting there having to endure that. Maybe for once he could not make everything about himself. Wasn't that an ASun run event? He shouldn't have even been allowed to have a mic.

I like Jr., don't know him personally, but he should've just let the Jokers-Lunatics-whatevers just keep chanting. Also, thought that Good not praying for the Lipscomb players was bad.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: March 9th, 2020, 8:47 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: March 9th, 2020, 2:20 pm With it being an ASUN event. I was surprised we had the normal dog and pony stuff during time outs and halftime. I have been to post season events where they did not do that stuff, like they do in regular season.
One of the stupid games they did actually killed the crowd's excitement. Might have been after McGhee's dunk, Lipscomb called timeout and the crowd went nuts with the music. Then came screaming kid with the corny game. They would've been better keeping the upbeat music going and having the cheerleaders hit the floor.
All of the dog and pony shows are pre-scripted. Every timeout, both media and coaches' are listed in a 3 ring binder, plus halftime, as to what dog & pony show is to take place.

I agree that the excitement was killed during the Lipscomb timeout. PA and screaming student with mic , both show have been quiet and let fans handle the noise during the TO.
LUOrange liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Excellent article in Richmond Times Dispatch today on yesterday's game and LU basketball program. The RTD had a reporter covering the game.

Tony Bennett's wife and daughter was at the game.

(Sorry I don't have a link to the article)
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Excellent article in Richmond Times Dispatch today on yesterday's game and LU basketball program. The RTD had a reporter covering the game.

No, you’re just too lazy to copy and paste and too lazy to learn.
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: March 10th, 2020, 12:11 pm
ballcoach15 wrote:Excellent article in Richmond Times Dispatch today on yesterday's game and LU basketball program. The RTD had a reporter covering the game.

No, you’re just too lazy to copy and paste and too lazy to learn.
He’s waiting for one of his enablers to do it for him. A member of the “ballcoach cult” :D
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote: March 9th, 2020, 1:50 pm Not a great look blabbering about winning at half time with a sour contingent of Lipcsomb fans sitting there having to endure that. Maybe for once he could not make everything about himself. Wasn't that an ASun run event? He shouldn't have even been allowed to have a mic.

Yep, thought that was out of line. It was pretty tough watching him sucking up to Jr. and family during the second half of the game. Several people around me mentioned they didn't like Jr. introducing him at half time. Pretty small sample size, but a few people said they could not believe Jr. was endorsing this clown. But hey, his circus, his monkeys. Just not the time or place for it.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 10th, 2020, 1:08 pm
He’s waiting for one of his enablers to do it for him. A member of the “ballcoach cult” :D
I tried, Ballcoach, but you have to have a digital subscription to read it.
https://www.richmond.com/search/?sd=des ... basketball
By LUOrange
flameshaw wrote: March 10th, 2020, 4:51 pm

Yep, thought that was out of line. It was pretty tough watching him sucking up to Jr. and family during the second half of the game. Several people around me mentioned they didn't like Jr. introducing him at half time. Pretty small sample size, but a few people said they could not believe Jr. was endorsing this clown. But hey, his circus, his monkeys. Just not the time or place for it.
I've never met Riggleman, but I voted for him and I intend to vote for him again. He's been a decent Congressman. As a Christian, I don't like that he married his gay interns, but from a poltical standpoint, I don't care. As for Good, the man who didn't pray for the other Christian school athletes on Sunday, I won't be voting for him. I'll just add I would never join the Flames Club because of him.
Purple Haize liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

A congresswoman from a blue state gets you nothi[…]

Some statistics

Sometimes coaches will try to implement a philosop[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution,[…]

DOE Report

Gotta love presidential election season :roll: