If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Can not wait for Sunday afternoon. My favorite college athletics memory is attending the Big South Championship game in the Vines in 2004 against High Point. I had never heard the Vines so loud and I don't think I have heard the Vines that loud since. I hope the place is packed in rockin and that was close out the Vines Center.

Bring the discussion here and we will ensure to have more content in the coming days.
thesportscritic liked this
$15 for GA? Yeeeesh.
Our last three games (Lipscomb, NJIT and Stetson) all have the same theme-dreadfully slow start offensively. We cannot afford to have that happen Sunday. IMHO, the missing ingredient in all those games has been the lack of Pacheo-Ortiz as an offensive threat in the first half. He is our best outside shooter-our best free throw shooter and our best decision maker. When he drives the lane things happen. He's deadly from 12-15 feet and can finish at the rim as well. We will be very difficult to beat if he gets going early. Then Lipscomb will have 4 legitimate threats to defend. (Pacheo-Ortiz, Holmesley, Mcghee, and the two post players)
LU 57 liked this
Chippy wrote: March 6th, 2020, 12:02 pm The key will be stopping Assadulah who is averaging 33.5 ppg and 18.5 rpg in tournament. Another key will be to get Cuffee produce offensively. We need a cup of Cuffee!
If Assadulah were just a scorer, I wouldn't be particularly worried. We have shown we can contain him in that area, and even though he appears to be a man on a mission over the perceived "snub" in the POY voting and has been unstoppable so far in the tourney, I will be :shock: if he scores like that against us. Problem is, he is also their best passer, and had 8 assists in our last game, setting up most of the early 3s that killed us. Lipscomb is only a decent 3 point shooting team on the year (.344). I don't see them torching us like that again.

The legendary Jamie Hall took this photo. This seems like a lifetime ago. My favorite LU sports memory, by far, is the Big South Championship in 2004 beating the crap out of High Point. The place was so incredibly loud.

Also, Manson just pointed out that he is right next to me in this picture. I didn't know him.

So students, alumni and all fans. Be loud on Sunday. make us proud and let's close out the Vines on a winning note!
That is really cool!

I don't have any hatred towards them. I just want to beat them. A lot of the bantering back and forth I have seen on social media has been pretty friendly. Their fan base seems a lot like ours. The good and the bad...
Im getting there early to try get in the same seat i sat in in 04. Hard to believe 16 years have come and gone since then. Lots of memories in the vines. Thankfully mckay gave us a few good memories and one more! There for a while it was lots of heartbreak and beatdowns.
SumItUp liked this
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I don't know if it's changed since I went but th[…]

G5 Playoff Only

We DO NOT want this. This is Division 1AA all ove[…]

Some statistics

Our team ERA currently sits at #78 nationally. Our[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Agree. I’ll add to that- I think we’[…]