If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
So, the only guy who doesn't pick us is from KSU. :roll:

I think a replay of last year's final between us and Lipscomb is a distinct possibility. I also think that with KSU out of the equation, the conference is much more balanced from 1-8 than last year.

My bracket would be the same as Matt Warner's. I think Stetson is fading and will get knocked out in the first round by N Alabama, with Lipscomb knocking off N Florida in the semis to advance to the final against us. Same final result as last year.
Last edited by olldflame on March 2nd, 2020, 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Geraldos Mustache
SEMIFINALS, THURSDAY, MARCH 5, 2020 (ESPN+)
#1 LIBERTY VS #4 STETSON
#2 NORTH FLORIDA VS #3 LIPSCOMB
FINALS, SUNDAY, MARCH 8, 2020 (ESPN)

I don't know about the rest of you, but I would love to see Lipscomb beat North Florida tonight so we can bring settle the score 2-1 on the season vs. Lipscomb for the second year in a row. This is how great rivalries are built.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Geraldos Mustache wrote: March 5th, 2020, 11:34 am SEMIFINALS, THURSDAY, MARCH 5, 2020 (ESPN+)
#1 LIBERTY VS #4 STETSON
#2 NORTH FLORIDA VS #3 LIPSCOMB
FINALS, SUNDAY, MARCH 8, 2020 (ESPN)

I don't know about the rest of you, but I would love to see Lipscomb beat North Florida tonight so we can bring settle the score 2-1 on the season vs. Lipscomb for the second year in a row. This is how great rivalries are built.
We did the same thing last year with North Florida, except it was in the semis. I do believe Lipscomb shapes up to be our primary rival in the near future at least, regardless of who wins this game. The Ospreys are even more dependent on their Seniors this year than we are, and I don't think their 2020 recruiting class is as good as ours. Gotta beat Stetson first.
Election 2022 and 2024

New York Times/Sienna poll showing Biden leading T[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Venzant is transferring to Abilene Christian, a co[…]

Some statistics

Sometimes coaches will try to implement a philosop[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution,[…]