If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Although we have clinched the #1 seed, a win today would still mean the first "unshared" regular season conference championship in the history of our MBB program. It would also send us into the ASUN tournament with a positive vibe. Not sure yet if I dislike Lipscomb as much under Lenny as I did with Casey, but they are, along with N Florida, the closest thing to a rival we have in conference. I'd love to make our record at Allen Arena 3-0 (and keep building on that in years to come)

In addition this game features a matchup between what are no doubt the 2 leading contenders for ASUN POY. Lipscomb will probably do as they have all year and run pretty much everything through Asadullah, which is part of the reason his numbers are what they are. Of course he's also really good, which is why they do it. We were able to get him in a bit of foul trouble at home, and his numbers were well below his average. Obviously, getting the win is what really matters, but I'm hoping Caleb continues to be aggressive and doesn't revert to "facilitator mode". I think we are better this way.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Lipscomb has had a perfect start and we have had quite the opposite. This is not the way I wanted to end the regular season.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Lipscomb has started 10-10 :shock:

However, there have been 4 or 5 blatantly missed calls!!! When referees let that crap happen is when someone either gets hurt or tempers flare up.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
No quit in our guys, love this team. Down by 23 then a 13-0 run. Keep making 7 to 10 point runs and we will take home the out-right title!
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I know we technically have nothing to play for, but, my goodness...
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
44-34 with 1:27 to play. We have gotten going on offense with Myo leading the way, but the Bisons are 9-10 from 3 and 16-20 overall.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
47-35 at the half. Winthrop is 17-21 from the field and 10-11 from 3 . Not out of reach by any means.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I don't think I've ever seen a team as a whole shoot like that. It's amazing that we are only down 12.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
They certainly are showing some fight. There is no way Lipscomb shoots this well in the 2nd half but it will be tough to come back but they certainly have it in them.

Scottie living up to his reputation at Lipscomb and getting away with quite the flop to end the half. haha
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: February 29th, 2020, 3:43 pm 47-35 at the half. Winthrop is 17-21 from the field and 10-11 from 3 . Not out of reach by any means.
Flashbacks?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: February 29th, 2020, 3:43 pm 47-35 at the half. Winthrop is 17-21 from the field and 10-11 from 3 . Not out of reach by any means.
We start out the 2nd half on a 7-0 run, and it's now a 5 point game with 18 minutes to go.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: February 29th, 2020, 3:50 pm
Flashbacks?
I guess, although I don't remember them ever torching us like that, even in the Marshall days.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
What happened to cuffee. He literally cant hit anything the last month on offense.

Caleb can win poy if he carries us back to the win here now that he had 5.

That first half was insane. The 3s wow. What bothered me was the 3 or 4 easy layups.

Asadullah. Yikes. If he stays we wont gave anything for him next year with myo and scottie.
LU 57 liked this
By LU 57
jinxy wrote: February 29th, 2020, 4:20 pm What happened to cuffee. He literally cant hit anything the last month on offense.

Caleb can win poy if he carries us back to the win here now that he had 5.

That first half was insane. The 3s wow. What bothered me was the 3 or 4 easy layups.

Asadullah. Yikes. If he stays we wont gave anything for him next year with myo and scottie.
Seems like maybe we should consider fronting Asadullah. Playing behind him is not working.

Cuffee has 3 TOs as well.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
McGee has kept us in the game in the second half and Caleb has stepped it up too. Looking like a memorable finish.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Couldn't pull it off. :(

Final score 77-71. A couple of offensive rebounds late by Lipscomb really hurt.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]