If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
You don't think Coach McKay will start Baxter-Bell on Senior Day? :dontgetit
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: February 22nd, 2020, 9:56 am You don't think Coach McKay will start Baxter-Bell on Senior Day? :dontgetit
I think there is a good chance of that.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
This is a chance to all but lock up the 1 seed and home court throughout the ASUN tournament. Win, and Stetson is out of the running. Since we own the tiebreaker over N Florida, we would then only need to beat lowly KSU and we would clinch, even if they win out and we lose at Lipscomb. Also, Stetson and N Florida still play each other, which works somewhat in our favor, but hopefully will only affect who is the 2 seed.

The loss to Stetson earlier was a bizarre game. Them using the box and 1 on Darius after his hot start seemed to totally throw us off, although we got enough good looks to score more than we did. I expect a better effort today, especially on offense.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: February 22nd, 2020, 8:40 pm Hard to believe we found a way to lose to these guys. I don't want to jinx things but it seems to me this team is finding it's way again at just the right time.
It would be nice if we can get Cuffee contribute more to the offense over the next few weeks through the ASUN tourney and hopefully the NCAA tourney. Need all hands on deck.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
We appear to be peaking offensively at the perfect time. I really cant figure out how we lost to those guys the first time. Its mind boggling. Heres to those 4 srs. They breathed life in a dormant program along with cabbil. I always remember those as the guys that turned it all around.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Ritchie is not objective about his Seniors, nor should he be. He is absolutely correct in saying they are special people. As far as saying that "their numbers would merit their jerseys should be hanging from the rafters"? He apparently hasn't looked at the numbers, and of course he hasn't seen most of the other players from the past (with better numbers) play. A jersey hanging in the rafters is an INDIVIDUAL honor. I think a better approach would be to take a look at how these 4 players could be honored as a GROUP. Not 4 GOATs, but the G4OAT.

If fact, I think that should be a group of 5. He graduated a year earlier, but for 3 years Lovell Cabbel labored with these 4, and may have been the most instrumental of all in establishing Liberty as a team that wins with defense.
flamehunter liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
A couple of things jumped out at me from the box score. Only 14 minutes for Scottie on Senior night? He was in a bit of foul trouble, but only ended up with 3. Kyle Rode's numbers in 18 minutes (3 points and 4 boards) were not the stuff of headlines, but apparently he is doing something right. We were plus 25 points when he was in the game, which tied for best on the team with Darius, who played 34 minutes.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]