If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
The team is playing it down but I'm sure hyped for this game. Sadly, I'll only be able to catch the 2nd half.

📺 ESPN+
📻LFSN Radio Network
💬 Live Chat
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I'm a little ticked right now. I've always been able to get the radio pxp stream here in the DR, but it's "not available in my geographical area" for this game. Guess I'll need to break down and get a VPN before the next game. Just live stats tonight.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I am really starting to dislike UNF for no apparent reason. I will say this game has the feel of a championship game!
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
We are playing lights out on offense and defensively we are playing well aside from the missed defensive rebounds.
By tyndal23
Longest stretch of good hoops on both sides of the ball in a lot of games for LU.
By Dalegarz1
High level of offensive execution in the first half. It was a clinic in attacking the zone. I'd be surprised if UNF doesn't change their defensive strategy. We need to do a little better job contesting the 3 point line (and beyond).
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Offense clicking much better than a few weeks ago. That’s good to see.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Any of you folks at the game? There should be a little FF booth somewhere.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Big win, we need to win regular season so we can play all ASUN tournament games in Lynchburg.
By tyndal23
NJIT upsets Stetson - so even if we lose to Stetson should have Net Ranking tie breaker over N FL. ( but then again it is Tyndal23 math ) so BJ please double check.
By tyndal23
Jonathan Carone wrote: February 20th, 2020, 10:12 pm That was a fun game tonight. First one in a while.
Yes - this year has been really lackluster from a fan perspective compared to last year. No real complete games ( at least in conference play ) typically start real slow or finish a bit sloppy or have looooong stretches of scoreless hoops that even makes jokers take an in game nap. . Tonight was great - #1 3 point vs # 1 scoring D - and both played solid for entire game. Do not want these guys between us and a tourney bid - but probably going to happen. Flames have to play at this level rest of way or they will get bounced.
chris leedlelee liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Big time effort other than fts at end. No reason to beat a dead horse but that stuff is how march madness games are lost.

Love the physicality that scottie homesley and myo are playing with inside. It was the difference in the game.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: February 20th, 2020, 11:03 pm Attendance - 5,613
Fun game up until the 5 minute mark. If I heard correctly, two thirds of UNFs shots were beyond the Arc and they hit just about 50%. I wonder if we would beat them in a rubber stamp match. Weird calls tonight, as well.
It will be interesting to see how things will seem when there is a significant cap on student attendance. Best bet is allow 3000 students to each game and 1000 fogies when we move to the small gym. Sorry, but I don't anticipate nearly the environment next year that I saw tonight. Higher, select pricing and vetting will not guarantee a raucous home crowd.
LUOrange liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote: February 21st, 2020, 12:23 am
Chippy wrote: February 20th, 2020, 11:03 pm Attendance - 5,613
Fun game up until the 5 minute mark. If I heard correctly, two thirds of UNFs shots were beyond the Arc and they hit just about 50%. I wonder if we would beat them in a rubber stamp match. Weird calls tonight, as well.
It will be interesting to see how things will seem when there is a significant cap on student attendance. Best bet is allow 3000 students to each game and 1000 fogies when we move to the small gym. Sorry, but I don't anticipate nearly the environment next year that I saw tonight. Higher, select pricing and vetting will not guarantee a raucous home crowd.
A packed house of 4000 with 3/4 of the crowd students who had to jump through some sort of hoops to get in? yeah, I'm sure you will be able to hear a pin drop. :roll:
ballcoach15 liked this
By Dalegarz1
UNF did a very good job of fouling immediately on an inbounds pass. We need to make every effort to get the ball into Pacheo-Ortiz's hands as quickly as possible. I really like Homesley's game but he should not be at the free throw line at the end of a game like that.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote: February 21st, 2020, 11:48 am UNF did a very good job of fouling immediately on an inbounds pass. We need to make every effort to get the ball into Pacheo-Ortiz's hands as quickly as possible. I really like Homesley's game but he should not be at the free throw line at the end of a game like that.
Obviously we would like to get the ball to Georgie in those situations, since he is virtually automatic on the line, but the reality is that our opponents know that and are going to do everything they can to prevent it. 4 of the 6 missed FT in a row came from Homesley and James, who have both had bad years at the line, but McGhee, who has been outstanding, also missed 2. Because of his combination of length and athleticism, Homesly is often the guy we can get it to against pressure. He finished strong to end up hitting 11 of 15. I'll take that from him. Trying to force the ball to Georgie (or any specific player) is a turnover waiting to happen.
By Class of 20Something
Liberty has started the "Flames Nation" App for students to check in at all kinds of games. I believe that this will factor into lottery priority for capped attendance games. The more games you attend of any sport, the better chance you have to get into the games everyone wants to go to.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
unf is a great looking team. I see any rematch a toss up. We played a near perfect game minus a couple of missed ft and still had to hang on for life. Repeating last nights performance will be a challenge. :shock:
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
we started the game 19 of 21 from the free throw line and we ended the game 5 for 12. 4 of those last 5 were 4 straight to end and ice the game by Caleb. Even if we only hit 9 of those last 12 we win by 9 instead of 5. My perception is we controlled the game throughout except for that one lead change late in the first half. UNF can shoot the 3 but they will live and die by the 3 which will be to our advantage every time we play them.
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]