If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Dalegarz1
Up by 12 at the half. Offense looks smoother then it has recently. Some excellent ball movement and back cuts for easy buckets.
tyndal23 liked this
By Ill flame
Seeing Jacksonville's "arena" for the first time..... I've seen a lot of high school gyms in rural America that are bigger with more fan support. It's amazing that schools like this are in the same division as the dukes and Kentucky's of the country. On a more positive note, liberty is playing with more urgency which is good to see.
By BlueBlood
FWIW - the ESPN website had the LU game listed second in the "Scores" header all day yesterday and still there this morning, right behind Cincy/Wichita St. I usually have to do a lot of scrolling and maybe even click "ASUN" to find the score.
chris leedlelee liked this
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote: February 6th, 2020, 9:53 pm Good road win-however-RMK cannot be happy with our defense in the second half. Way too much dribble penetration by their guards. JU actually outplayed us a bit in the second half.
On average we give up 22 points in first half and 30 in the 2nd half. Last 2 games we have been outscored in the 2nd half. Lack of depth is a real problem. Not having Gumbs, McGhee and Bell and even McDowell coming off the bench hurts. Still have Bell but Rode and Robinson spell the starters a few minutes but aren't as productive as last year's bench. Starters are playing more minutes than last year for sure. Lack of depth and 3 point shooting may really be exposed in tournament(s).
By LUDad
Chippy wrote: February 7th, 2020, 11:33 am
Dalegarz1 wrote: February 6th, 2020, 9:53 pm Good road win-however-RMK cannot be happy with our defense in the second half. Way too much dribble penetration by their guards. JU actually outplayed us a bit in the second half.
On average we give up 22 points in first half and 30 in the 2nd half. Last 2 games we have been outscored in the 2nd half. Lack of depth is a real problem. Not having Gumbs, McGhee and Bell and even McDowell coming off the bench hurts. Still have Bell but Rode and Robinson spell the starters a few minutes but aren't as productive as last year's bench. Starters are playing more minutes than last year for sure. Lack of depth and 3 point shooting may really be exposed in tournament(s).
I noticed a number of shots that were taken in second half before 10 seconds had expired on shot clock. I think we wear down teams and get them frustrated and out of rhythm by forcing them to play more defense.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I don't know if it's changed since I went but th[…]

G5 Playoff Only

We DO NOT want this. This is Division 1AA all ove[…]

Some statistics

Our team ERA currently sits at #78 nationally. Our[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Agree. I’ll add to that- I think we’[…]